Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: how many QSNE module can connect to QSGR/QSGRJ

Question how many QSNE module can connect to QSGR/QSGRJ

is there a maximum limit if i communicate any QSNE module and QSGR/QSGRJ ? i mean how many QSNE module that i can connect to QSGR/QSGRJ ?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    This appears to be a commercial application; at this moment, for the best information relating to commercial or standalone applications, we recommend emailing systemsupport@lutron.com. The QSNE modules will be wired in the QS link of the Grafik Eye QS. The limiting factors will be either 100 devices or 100 zones on this connection to the Grafik Eye QS.

If this application is about the LQSE modules for HomeWorks QS, it will be a limitation of up to 99 devices per QS link on a processor.

3. Thanks stevi thanked for this post
    Likes stevi liked this post

QSNE and QSGR

Quote Originally Posted by stevi View Post
    is there a maximum limit if i communicate any QSNE module and QSGR/QSGRJ ? i mean how many QSNE module that i can connect to QSGR/QSGRJ ?
    Hi Stevi,

I'm assuming you are using the QSNE modules for remote zone programming which is a great feature, the amount of QSNE modules you can use depends on how many Grafik Eye Zones there are for example.

One QSGR-6### could theoretically control 6 QSNE zones, This could also be any combination

Zone 1 - Remote Dim - QSNE-4T10-D
    Zone 2 - Remote Dim - QSNE-4A-D
    Zone 3 - Remote Digital -QSNE-2ECO-D
    Zone 4 - Remote Digital -QSNE-2DAL-D
    Zone 5 - Remote Non-Dim -QSNE-4S10-D
    Zone 6 - Remote Dim - QSNE-4A-D

The only "rule" to follow is it is a one to one zone stealing scenario, if you want a 0-10v zone off your Grafik Eye you will sacrifice that zones phase dimming capability. It's really easy to do and I recommend it a lot to my customers in mixed load Grafik Eye jobs.

5. Thanks stevi thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    Hi Stevi,

I'm assuming you are using the QSNE modules for remote zone programming which is a great feature, the amount of QSNE modules you can use depends on how many Grafik Eye Zones there are for example.

One QSGR-6### could theoretically control 6 QSNE zones, This could also be any combination

Zone 1 - Remote Dim - QSNE-4T10-D
    Zone 2 - Remote Dim - QSNE-4A-D
    Zone 3 - Remote Digital -QSNE-2ECO-D
    Zone 4 - Remote Digital -QSNE-2DAL-D
    Zone 5 - Remote Non-Dim -QSNE-4S10-D
    Zone 6 - Remote Dim - QSNE-4A-D

The only "rule" to follow is it is a one to one zone stealing scenario, if you want a 0-10v zone off your Grafik Eye you will sacrifice that zones phase dimming capability. It's really easy to do and I recommend it a lot to my customers in mixed load Grafik Eye jobs.

Hi, Domino.

Really ? you can use QSNE modules in Grafik Eye Zone ? How to do that ? How about the wiring ?
    I only know we could make the zone in QSNE module is ON or OFF when the scene in grafik eye is called.

Have a read through the following application note for more details, if you have any questions I'm happy to help.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/048447.pdf

8. Thanks stevi thanked for this post