Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leviton Announces HomeKit Hardware

Do you think that us Caseta users will be able to add hardware from those other systems or will they still need to be installed by a Lutron dealer?

That's sort of what i think is the way Lutron should go.. This is the scalability of the systems. However, i think what makes sense is this:

1) Caseta bridge supports the Caseta hardware you have today - not RA2 or Homeworks hardware etc..
    2) RA2 system supports RA2 hardware and Caseta hardware - not Homeworks etc..
    3) Homeworks system supports everything.

With that said, i think the RA2 system should support the Caseta hardware with the caseta features. i.e. caseta hardware in a RA2 system should not have RA2 capabilities. You should still buy RA2 hardware to get RA2 capabilities... a sort of dumbed-down lesser-performance hardware, but still allowing for compatibility.

That way you can start with Caseta... then one day say "screw this" im getting a RA2 repeater and throw out your smart bridge. Then one day find yourself saying hmm RA2 doesnt meet my needs, i want homeworks, and so you get a Homeworks Processor. the whole while, you still have your original Caseta hardware in certain areas. This results in happy end user and happy manufacturer. everyone wins.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123