Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Phantom Button Emergency Release?

Phantom Button Emergency Release?

I have to use an HAI system to initiate a Phantom push for emergency lights and I want my lights to resume when the security system is shut off but I can't get this HAI Pro II to send the proper string for a release. I haven't figured out why yet but since it should be simple so I was wondering if there was a way to setup a phantom button do an emergency release. Other the VCRX I don't see a way with keypads or phantom button to terminate an emergency scene so lights resume to their pre emergency states.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

I've come to the conclusion that HAI panels don't allow for strings to be sent directly to the RA2 master if their serial port is defined as RA2. Instead I think the strings I'm trying to send get routed through the RA2 driver which can't process it. If I could created one phantom button to start the emergency scene and another one to end it that would solve my problem. It's just annoying that neither HAI or RA2 provides the rudimentary capabilities to do this with out adding additional hardware. You would think RA2 would allow you to initiate and emergency scene off of a standard keypad button push for use as a panic button but I don't see how that's possible.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Quote Originally Posted by vining View Post
    You would think RA2 would allow you to initiate and emergency scene off of a standard keypad button push for use as a panic button but I don't see how that's possible.
    This is intentional, when you activate the Full/Flash, all keypads are locked out. Therefore the keypad press to turn it off would not work. There is a work-around when using a VCRX and one of the transmitters.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

In homeworks this was always an option to lock out or not and no reason it couldn't be an option in RA2 as well. Is there a default timeout for the emrgency scene cuz the otherday I was able to use a keypad while the emergency scene was active, it had been on for a while.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT