Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HVAC Not All coming back on line after Transfer

HVAC Not All coming back on line after Transfer

I have a house with 9 HVAC units. 7 are Lutron Control units with one temp sensor each and one seeTemp each. 2 are the Honeywell Tstats. There are 2 seperate RF Links to service all these plus approximately 30 Dimmers. Three of the Lutron Controllers are set in a single closet approximately 3 feet apart and 15 feet from the Repeater. I consistently have to load the program twice to get all the Temp devices to update and come back on line. I have not contacted tech support yet. I believe I am within all the limits of the RF Links. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    These are some troubleshooting steps/things to look at with HVAC Controller communications

- Where is the HVAC Mounted? If it is mounted in the HVAC itself or by duct or metal surfaces, the signal may be reduced
    - Is the Backup wired sensor connected to the HVAC controller? Without it, it will have communication issues
    - If you temporarily move a repeater closer, like 5 feet, do the ones that have issues transfer the first time? If so, they may need a repeater permanently closer to them in order to enhance the communication

I've seen this happen even with a single HVAC controller setup. After an upload, the seeTemp LEDs are either flashing or not lit at all. To get it back "up", I usually press/hold the TEST button on the remote temperature sensors, that, so far, seems to always set things straight immediately.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by jkvossen View Post
    I've seen this happen even with a single HVAC controller setup. After an upload, the seeTemp LEDs are either flashing or not lit at all. To get it back "up", I usually press/hold the TEST button on the remote temperature sensors, that, so far, seems to always set things straight immediately.
    After an upload the HVAC controller waits for the wireless temperature sensors to report. Once they report the seeTemp set point LED should stop blinking as long as all senors have reported. The wireless temperature sensors report their temperature every ten minutes. You can also make them report by pressing and releasing the test button.