Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Grafik T Multi Location Dimmer doesn't work

Grafik T Multi Location Dimmer doesn't work

I purchased a Grafik T Multi Location dimmer GT-250M and a Grafik T Companion device GT-AD to replace a pair of regular 3-way dimmers that control 3 recessed halogen lights. I cannot get them to work and am wondering if I bought the wrong Multi Location dimmer. Has anyone used this configuration for a similar setup? Does anyone know why it wouldn't be working and if I do need a different dimmer which one should I buy? Thanks for any information.

Hello Modkris,
    Thank you for your post.
    You do have the correct parts. I am thinking there may be a wiring related issue. Here is a link to the specification sheet. This will show some diagrams that may be helpful in your install. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/369826.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    Hello Modkris,
    Thank you for your post.
    You do have the correct parts. I am thinking there may be a wiring related issue. Here is a link to the specification sheet. This will show some diagrams that may be helpful in your install. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/369826.pdf
    We followed the instructions and tried reversing the two switches. Nothing worked so we tried different wiring configurations and still nothing. The wiring works perfectly fine for the regular three-way switches but not for these. If there is something wrong with the wires themselves I'm not sure what that would be. Any ideas? Either that or the switch is defective.

Administrator
    Hello,

Can you explain what you mean when you say it is not working? Are the indicator lights on the controls turning on? Is the load not turning on? Is the load turning on and just not performing correctly? What kind of load are you trying to control? If they are LEDs, can you provide the model number?