Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Crestron control of single/multiple shades

Question Crestron control of single/multiple shades

using a Crestron control system, I know how to control individual shades. In QS, it is possible to configure multiple shades w/i a shade group; is it possible to control (open/close) all shades w/i a shade group using a single instance of the Savoia QS module and use the shade group integration ID instead of the integration ID of an individual shade? I'm looking to open/close all shades w/i a shade group in unison w/o duplicating some code.

thanks

When I have to do this I make a phantom keypad with all the shades in the group I need, and make All Open/All Close/All 25% etc. buttons. And from the Simpl side I just do a button press on the phantom keypad button via its integration ID.

I have tried in the past to do a bpress and send all individual shades in motion at once, but the Lutron processor cant seem take multiple commands at once and execute all the shades (especially in large rooms with 15+ shades. Then I tried to do them all with a stepper, but they would move staggered- not very elegant. I ended up going the phantom keypad route and it works perfect. That way the Lutron processor handles all the work and we just press the button.

3. Thanks jkvossen thanked for this post
    Likes jkvossen liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
    When I have to do this I make a phantom keypad with all the shades in the group I need, and make All Open/All Close/All 25% etc. buttons. And from the Simpl side I just do a button press on the phantom keypad button via its integration ID.

I have tried in the past to do a bpress and send all individual shades in motion at once, but the Lutron processor cant seem take multiple commands at once and execute all the shades (especially in large rooms with 15+ shades. Then I tried to do them all with a stepper, but they would move staggered- not very elegant. I ended up going the phantom keypad route and it works perfect. That way the Lutron processor handles all the work and we just press the button.
    that's actually a great idea! What I'm currently doing is feeding an analog value into the PRESET_LEVEL_AN input of multiple shade modules (at the same time); the shades move as you described, slow and staggered. Tying the control into a phantom keypad and letting QS do the work sounds like the perfect solution....thanks

using a phantom keypad works perfectly...thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by jkvossen View Post
    using a phantom keypad works perfectly...thanks again
    No problem :)