Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cannot add devices on HomeKit App

Cannot add devices on HomeKit App

Lutron app works fine on iPhone 6S. I am able to control all switches from the Lutron App.
    Also, Amazon Echo (Alexa) works fine. She can control all the Caseta Switches.

In the Home App, I was able to set up my iHome Plug and that works and shows up on the Home App.

But nothing From Caseta Lutron shows up on Home app.

In the Home App, when I try to add an accessory,,nothing shows up.

Followed the instructions on the HomeKit Troubleshooting Guide.
    Signed out of iCloud and re-signed in. The existing home shows up and was able to re-add the iHome Device, but the Caseta switches don't show up
    In the Lutron app, when I select Siri Integration. I get the message "Discovering Smart Bridge", then after a while " You must be on your home Wi-Fi network to set up Siri"
    ( I don't really need Siri. I just want to set up the Lutron apps on the HomeKit App)

I am on my Home Network, but I just updated my Wi-Fi to an Eero which is multi-band. Does the smart bridge only work on the 2.4 Ghz band?

Reset Smart Bridge for 20 seconds (But not sure what was supposed to happen?)
    Tried to reset HomeKit data on iOS, but there is no Reset HomeKit Configuration choice under Privacy>HomeKit.

Not sure what else to do, other than do a factory reset the smart bridge and start over? Suggestions?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    I'm assuming that you have seen the updated HomeKit troubleshooting guide for iOS 10, found here: http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...uide_iOS10.pdf

If the Smart Bridge does not show up in any of the rooms, then we may be at the point where we need to remove the HomeKit home. The directions for this can be found on page 6 of the guide linked above. However, this is not ideal as you will have to setup your 3rd party HomeKit devices again...

Before doing this I would scroll through all your HomeKit rooms to make sure that the bridge isn't showing anywhere in the Home app.

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the document and read it. Then reset the Bridge. That did the trick. Everything works now. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach R. View Post
    I'm assuming that you have seen the updated HomeKit troubleshooting guide for iOS 10, found here: http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...uide_iOS10.pdf

If the Smart Bridge does not show up in any of the rooms, then we may be at the point where we need to remove the HomeKit home. The directions for this can be found on page 6 of the guide linked above. However, this is not ideal as you will have to setup your 3rd party HomeKit devices again...

Before doing this I would scroll through all your HomeKit rooms to make sure that the bridge isn't showing anywhere in the Home app.
    Related to set up and homekit, i recently changed the names of a few lights in the home app, however those name changed never transfered over to the lutron app, they still show the old names. Is this a bug? Or do I have to use the Lutron app to change names?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Related to set up and homekit, i recently changed the names of a few lights in the home app, however those name changed never transfered over to the lutron app, they still show the old names. Is this a bug? Or do I have to use the Lutron app to change names?
    Changing a device name in the Home app will not update the name in our app. However, changing the name in our app will update the name in the Home app.