Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Upgrading to Radio Ra2?

Upgrading to Radio Ra2?

dI have my entire home on legacy Radio Ra. Technology has moved ahead significantly and now I find that I cannot integrate with newer control systems (e.g., Amazon Echo). I'm told that I would need to upgrade to Radio Ra2 to be able to integrate. What I need to know is: will I need to replace every switch in the home, ot is an upgrade a matter of replacing the main unit?

Thanks!

Bill

You have limited options. There are devices that you could interface with that could control your existing RA system via IR, IO or RS232 but it would be messy but maybe it would work good enough if you just need simple control, a few scenes, and you have a bunch of RA devices that would make a complete replacement upgrade too expensive. Using the RS232 bridge one could write programs in a 3rd party application, AMX, Crestron etc to bridge RA2 to RA, Echo to RA, etc but that programming may be more expensive than replacing all your existing RA stuff. How much RA stuff are we tslking?
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Quote Originally Posted by vining View Post
    You have limited options. There are devices that you could interface with that could control your existing RA system via IR, IO or RS232 but it would be messy but maybe it would work good enough if you just need simple control, a few scenes, and you have a bunch of RA devices that would make a complete replacement upgrade too expensive. Using the RS232 bridge one could write programs in a 3rd party application, AMX, Crestron etc to bridge RA2 to RA, Echo to RA, etc but that programming may be more expensive than replacing all your existing RA stuff. How much RA stuff are we talking?
    I have about 26 dimmer switches / 3 wall panels with scene; room control / 1 portable panel / 2 remotes for auto garage use...Too be honest, we use the dimmers in the kitchen the most and hardly ever use the wall panels.

Have your RadioRa2 installer check directly with Lutron about the program for Legacy upgrades. There is a program ending on 12/31/16 called Ra Upgrade Program. You can also try emailing
    RAUpgrade@lutron.com