Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Unknown Monitoring Responses?

Question Unknown Monitoring Responses?

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me understand some monitoring responses I'm getting from my main repeater.

If I send a command to a Maestro dimmer using something like #OUTPUT,75,1,50 - I expect that zone 75 dimmer would be set to 50%. This works fine, however, here are the monitoring responses that I get:

1. ~OUTPUT,75,1,50 (This is what I expect)
    2. ~OUTPUT,75,29,11 (What is this?)
    3. ~OUTPUT,75,30,1,100.00 (What is this?)

It seems for most output monitors, I get these two additional responses that I don't expect - I think it's always ~OUTPUT, the integration ID, and then a 29 and 30 action - but beyond that, I don't know what it is. I don't see anything in the integration protocol document that describes this behavior.

Thanks!
    Ryan

Is that ID setup with an occupancy sensor?

I see the same 29 and 30 responses with a dimmer that's been controlled with an LRF2 sensor. I don't see 29 or 30 documented in the rev S protocol. Is there anything newer? That and I don't recall seeing anything related to rollbacks for an area in the protocol PDF.

3. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Is that ID setup with an occupancy sensor?

I see the same 29 and 30 responses with a dimmer that's been controlled with an LRF2 sensor. I don't see 29 or 30 documented in the rev S protocol. Is there anything newer? That and I don't recall seeing anything related to rollbacks for an area in the protocol PDF.
    That is a good observation. I'm seeing this on all of my LRF2 controlled loads (I think anyways...). Another data point, is that for the 29 action, I only ever see values of 0, 10, or 11. The 30 action appears to always be followed by a 1, and then the load percentage.

So what I see is:
    ~OUTPUT,[Integration ID],29,[0,10,11]
    ~OUTPUT,[Integration ID],30,1,[Load Value]

Rev S is the latest doc I could find... searching for a 29 in there brings up no relevant hits.

So I did some more hunting, and it looks like other folks developing drivers have already run into this. The explanation from Lutron isn't real clear, but I guess it's as good as any.

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtop...10806&start=45

TL;DR Ignore actions 29/30

6. Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    I suppose I'm fortunate in that the driver for Homeseer appears to be able to ignore those, thus I didn't notice them until your post.

And the room in which I most typically monitor the event log for HS3 is controlled with a wall-mounted motion sensor. Thus the most recent command in log was the light being lit in that room by the occupancy sensor. So I saw the 29 and 30 responses right off. A bit of testing shows they don't seem to come up unless the room involved as a motion sensor. I have not checked to see if they come up for rooms with time-based rollbacks.

Yes that appear after a certain ver. I had to modify the plugin in homeseer so it didn't interference with the control, it would be nice that Luton document that change. Why they don't document it? Would like to know what it do and when it trigger.