Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Remove Rooms

Question Remove Rooms

How do I remove "rooms" from the Lutron app? When I installed a new device and added it to my Lutron app, I originally added the device to a room I called "Outside." I've since reassigned the device to a new room, and I'd like the old room to be deleted from my system. Is there a way to do that?

There aren't rooms in caseta app. Are you referring to HomeKit rooms?

Yes, there are rooms in the Caseta app!

Quote Originally Posted by veeeh View Post
    There aren't rooms in caseta app. Are you referring to HomeKit rooms?

So if you are not talking about "Siri Integration", I can't find rooms anywhere else in the app. Where do you see them? How can I get there?

All devices are now in a room. The default room is called "default". Rooms can be created when adding a new device. To delete a room, go to Siri Integration, Rooms, select the room you want to delete, and go down to the bottom where you will see Delete Room.

davisadm, these are HomeKit rooms. You can manage HomeKit rooms from any HomeKit app - including Apple's own. There are no Caseta rooms. Unlike Radio RA2 and HomeWorks QS, Caseta has no rooms.

In the Lutron app you can create a room when you add a device and the only way to delete a room is to do what I explained. Even though you have to go to Siri Integration to set rooms (and zones), Rooms and Zones are not only used by Apple HomeKit, but by other products such as Amazon's Alexa. The settings title of Siri Integration is a bit misleading.

I’m not using Siri. I have a room that I want to remove. I’m using Alexa and the Lutron apps.

@davisadm how do I delete a room from a device with an Android phone that has no siri integration. I would like to move all my rooms back to empty (default) but have not found a way to clear the room name once it is assigned to a room. 1-10-2017, 08:10 how do I delete a P

Sorry, @kkaiser, I don't know. I don't have an Android Phone. Try calling Lutron support.