Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HRV control

HRV control

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions about using Lutron to control an HRV system. The temperature controls available today lack in the control of an HRV/ERV so just wondering if anyone could share some experiences on this. Anyone using CCI/CCO integration with conditional logic to accomplish this?

As a clarification, it is probably important to indicate if the hrv has a simplified installation or partially dedicated or fully dedicated? I guess different control strategies would apply for each type of installation?

I have controlled HRV units many times. Primarily where i have controlled them was for bathroom exhaust. Here in NJ we have a contractor that likes to build his houses air tight. The homes don't get enough fresh air. They use the HRV to exhaust the bathrooms and take in fresh air. I usally asked to set a time schedule and also run them when the bathrooms are occupied.As far as the logic I would think thats client/contractor specific. We usually control them through a 4R module. simply turning them on and off

4. Thanks ekimla thanked for this post