Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: VPN Access

VPN Access

I am wondering if someone can help on trying to download to a QS processor via a VPN. As far as I can tell the VPN is setup correctly as if I type the processor IP address into a web browser I get the login page but when trying to connect via the Lutron software the processor status shows as 'not responding'. I have disabled all firewalls etc but still no luck. Software is 9.3.0

Many thanks

With a VPN you will only be able to upload not extract. Try this go to activate tab then go down to connections make sure you choose the specific ip for 1 of the processors. Do not use Multicast that will not work across the VPN

See if that helps

3. Thanks Blair S. thanked for this post
    Thanks mcignarella, I looked at those drop down menus but they are all greyed out. Is that a setting I need to change while actually on site? Thanks

I believe it's because you have the processors set up as dhcp not static. They need to be set to static ip

The topic is VPN acces in chrome. https://veepn.com/vpn-apps/vpn-for-chrome/ Access is a free VPN extension for Google Chrome that allows you to encrypt your connection, unblock websites and hide your IP address using a virtual private network. It has a simple configuration process that can be completed in a few minutes. A Windows version of the software will be launched automatically if you have any problems setting up the program on Linux. This option is free and it works well with Netflix but not so well with YouTube and Amazon Prime TV.