Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 30 sec delay in 10.6

30 sec delay in 10.6

Anyone else having a 30 sec delay put into their programming.
    2 jobs where I was having feedback problems or maybe strange device behavior.
    Found that delay was getting set to 30 sec. Have not gone anywhere the delay option so a bit puzzled.
    Make a support file and will send

Just confirmed on a new file. Only add 1 6CL, 1 8ANS, 1 W6brl. main rep and connect bridge.
    Programmed one button as seen in the pic. 30 sec delay auto added.
    Same thing on a existing system I only added a connect bridge and minor programming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30sec delay.jpg  

More tests. The delay seams to be bilt into the program file code. I set 20 or 30 sec in a new file, don't save it then open new and program and the delay is there.
    Is this normal?

I seem to recall the software would remember delay settings, this to ease going having to set it over and over. I just created a new project with some dimmers and keypads. I set up a few keypad scenes without delays. I then set up a few with a 30 second delay. As I moved to other scenes the 30 second delay came with them. I changed one scene to zero seconds then moved to another button. The delay was now zero seconds. This was as I expected.

Having had a zero delay last used, I closed that project and created a new one. I created a new keypad device and went to program a scene. The delay was zero seconds, as I expected. I created a scene with a 30 second delay and then closed that project. I created a new project, added some devices and, yes, the 30 second delay carried along.

The software remembers the last delay you used.

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    I seem to recall the software would remember delay settings, this to ease going having to set it over and over. I just created a new project with some dimmers and keypads. I set up a few keypad scenes without delays. I then set up a few with a 30 second delay. As I moved to other scenes the 30 second delay came with them. I changed one scene to zero seconds then moved to another button. The delay was now zero seconds. This was as I expected.

Having had a zero delay last used, I closed that project and created a new one. I created a new keypad device and went to program a scene. The delay was zero seconds, as I expected. I created a scene with a 30 second delay and then closed that project. I created a new project, added some devices and, yes, the 30 second delay carried along.

The software remembers the last delay you used.
    Hello wkearney99,
    To add to what you discovered. This will apply if changing the delay as you hover your mouse over the check mark box for the load you want to add. In the small pop up you can set the delay and it will follow to the next load. This will set the default value as there is no software setting option located elsewhere. Although if you do not change the delay here but rather in the delay column after you add the load at the bottom of the screen, it will not carry over.

Thanks for the replies
    I get all that. I just though it seemed to be project based only not software. I change delays on most projects but don't remember having it follow into other projects.
    Wondering if they changed it from earlier versions. I do not actually like that it follows through to the next load as I generally only change the delay on one or two loads not much else. I'll just keep a better eye on it.