Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Request: Caseta Appliance Module

Request: Caseta Appliance Module

Several threads I've noticed mention what I am also looking for: the lack of a Caseta version of the Appliance Module available with the Lutron Maestro and HomeworksQS systems.
    I've been very pleased with the easy integration of my Digital Life home security and the Lutron Caseta smartbridge, and easily made a motion sensor tie-in that turns on my outside lights, so I know that can be done, but I cannot make my home security interior sensors turn on my lamps to get a good camera image because there is no 3prong Caseta appliance module. Why do maestro and homeworks get one, and Caseta doesn't? How can we influence the product development team to get this made, as there are several posts here asking for this?

Need this also. The plugin lutron modules do may not work with low wattage led bulbs. In when turned "off" some bulbs may actually be dim. An appliance module would work well in this case. It would allow the bulb to be "on" or "off" even if it couldn’t dim.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthar View Post
    Several threads I've noticed mention what I am also looking for: the lack of a Caseta version of the Appliance Module available with the Lutron Maestro and HomeworksQS systems.
    I've been very pleased with the easy integration of my Digital Life home security and the Lutron Caseta smartbridge, and easily made a motion sensor tie-in that turns on my outside lights, so I know that can be done, but I cannot make my home security interior sensors turn on my lamps to get a good camera image because there is no 3prong Caseta appliance module. Why do maestro and homeworks get one, and Caseta doesn't? How can we influence the product development team to get this made, as there are several posts here asking for this?
    I will pass along your request for an appliance module to the Caseta product development team and will be sure to indicate the volume of the requests found on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tomwickland View Post
    Need this also. The plugin lutron modules do may not work with low wattage led bulbs. In when turned "off" some bulbs may actually be dim. An appliance module would work well in this case. It would allow the bulb to be "on" or "off" even if it couldn’t dim.
    The appliance modules found in our other systems definitely do a good job shutting off low wattage loads. As mentioned above, I will be passing along all this feedback to the appropriate parties.

Really need this too. Seems as though implementing this should be straightforward.