Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Rrd-6cl

Rrd-6cl

I have an RRD-6CL connected to a LED Vanity light and it comes on just fine but when it shuts off it goes to lowest level and then doesn't go off.

You have to pull the tab out to reset it.

It's not part of three way or anything else.

It might just be a bad switch but before replacing thought I would ask.

Thanks,

John

Probably need a neutral wire dimmer. The trace current that passes through the RRD-6CL when "off" is keeping the LED lit. Pulling out the tab shuts off this current, turning off the LED. Pushing it back in restores the trace current, but it isn't sufficient to re-illuminate the LED.

You can also use one of these In Line Resistors from Pulse-Worx. It simulates an additional load on the circuit and they work very well as a cost effective $10 solution.

http://www.pcslighting.com/pulseworx/products/tools/ilr

4. Likes gt3mike liked this post
    Nice...is that different than the ones Lutron sells with the Caseta dimmers?

Quote Originally Posted by GLDCSTAV View Post
    You can also use one of these In Line Resistors from Pulse-Worx. It simulates an additional load on the circuit and they work very well as a cost effective $10 solution.

http://www.pcslighting.com/pulseworx/products/tools/ilr

I am not sure as I have not yet used Caseta. I was impressed with the small packaging and to also find that it dissipates very little heat compared to other solutions I have come across that I would not want to install within a device or fixture box.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    The device that you are referring to is the LUT-MLC and is know as the shunt capacitor. Lutron only sells these with the non-neutral switches in the Caseta, Maestro Wireless, and RadioRA2 lines. They have not been tested nor recommended by tech support for dimming applications.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    The device that you are referring to is the LUT-MLC and is know as the shunt capacitor. Lutron only sells these with the non-neutral switches in the Caseta, Maestro Wireless, and RadioRA2 lines. They have not been tested nor recommended by tech support for dimming applications.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

That's why I was asking if it was different. I've only got them in switches and not dimmers so I was wondering whether the third party fake load that GLDCSTAV was talking about would work on a dimmer. FYI, I have heard other electricians mention this for use on dimmers and they say it worked find but I wouldn't want to try it if it's not officially for a dimmer.

This is not an official device that is supported by Lutron. It is however designed for both dimmers and switches. We have used them on a variety of installs and varying LED fixture loads without issue. In speaking with our supply house they have informed us that they have had a hard time keeping them in stock due to their popularity and reliability for its intended use.