Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bricked Main Repeater

Bricked Main Repeater

Just got off phone with tech support I was adding a connect bridge on a system about year and a half old. When is was updating to the main repeater it stopped during the update process. I have not been able to connect and even with tech support trying to direct connect to it still nothnng so I was told its no good need a new main repeater! Anyone else had this happen? New to radio ra this was our model test system.

This will occasionally happen when you try firmware updates over a wireless connection. It's not the end of the world, but disappointing. If you are fairly savvy with using Putty or gulliver, they can walk you through the process to rebuild the main repeater in the field. I've done it a few times, but you'll need a solid knowledge of how your computer works and one of the tech guys that has done it over the phone before.

Push comes to shove, a new main repeater will fix it quick. Always hard wire for your firmware updates. The new main should take the activation you previously did for all devices and just apply to the new main.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

There is a procedure for unbricking a repeater that has failed an OS upload on the support wiki that tech support has access to. You need to follow it very closely, and don't try it via wifi. It works best via a computer connected directly to the repeater.

Have tech support search for RadioRA 2 Firmware Upgrade and they can walk you through it.

That said, if you are not very technical, it may be faster and easier to swap the repeater, if you have another with you. We always carry a spare repeater, and then if we have issues we fix them back at the shop.
    Phil Scheetz
    Lighting Control Solutions
    pscheetz@lightingcontrolsolutions.com

OS Update

There is a procedure for unbricking a repeater that has failed an OS upload on the support wiki that tech support has access to. You need to follow it very closely, and don't try it via wifi. It works best via a computer connected directly to the repeater.

Have tech support search for RadioRA 2 Firmware Upgrade and they can walk you through it.

That said, if you are not very technical, it may be faster and easier to swap the repeater, if you have another with you. We always carry a spare repeater, and then if we have issues we fix them back at the shop.
    Phil Scheetz
    Lighting Control Solutions
    pscheetz@lightingcontrolsolutions.com