Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Smart Bridge vs Smart Bridge Pro

Smart Bridge vs Smart Bridge Pro

Is the main difference between the 2 versions of the Smart Bridge only the vendor integration component? I'm aware of the "Integration Alliances" page which shows supported third party devices, but is there an available LAN-side integration protocol (telnet, etc)? Is there any documentation on integration protocols for Caseta? I've checked in MyLutron and other than spec sheets, I see absolutely no documentation on it, specifically in regards to integration. Anyone have any info on this?

I've also noticed that Staples Connect is supported, but that product has been discontinued. I know it's been mentioned plenty, but SmartThings is quickly becoming the most popular consumer integration hub and I think Lutron should step up and support a pretty solid platform.

I can't answer all your questions but here's a few:

The Smart Bridge Pro does seem to offer Telnet support, but I don't know where you could find integration documentation. It also offers broader compatibility with third-party systems. (As you mentioned, this part is clearly spelled out on their website). Lastly, the "Pro" version has wider compatibility with some (but not all) Lutron shades outside of the Serena line.

The Smart Bridge Pro offers telnet support. It's a subset of the RadioRa protocol.

- - - Updated - - -

The Smart Bridge Pro offers telnet support. It's a subset of the RadioRa protocol.