Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alexa and RadioRa 2

Alexa and RadioRa 2

Has anyone been able to get Alexa controlling RadioRa 2 using voice commands? The homeowner has an echo dot, RadioRa 2 and some wink lighting. Alexa controls the wink perfectly, but is unable to discover the Lutron devices. We have a Connect bridge and we are using the Lutron Connect app. We have enabled the skill within the Alexa app. Alexa still only find the wink device. Any suggestions? Has anyone been able to make this work?

2. Thanks Rbeachra thanked for this post

Tried everything in that document and it still doesn't work. Can't imagine what could be going wrong.

Does Alexa work for other things? What does Alexa say when you try a voice command? Did you install the right Alexa skill? Is the bridge on the same network as Alexa?

Quote Originally Posted by skmadden1 View Post
    Has anyone been able to get Alexa controlling RadioRa 2 using voice commands? The homeowner has an echo dot, RadioRa 2 and some wink lighting. Alexa controls the wink perfectly, but is unable to discover the Lutron devices. We have a Connect bridge and we are using the Lutron Connect app. We have enabled the skill within the Alexa app. Alexa still only find the wink device. Any suggestions? Has anyone been able to make this work?
    Did you flash the 10.6 firmware onto the main repeater? Also you have to have the latest lutron connect app and in the settings screen enable voice integration . Only then will you be able to flip to the Alexa app and see the devices.

You then create groups in the Alexa app and select devices to be in the group You then speak the group/device you are interested.

You Need to ask Alexa to "discover devices" each time you make group changes.

Alexa seeing other devices has no bearing on Radio RA devices as there are certain pre-requisites that need to be configured for radio ra support . The 10.6 firmware on the repeater can only de done if you are a Level 2 integrator and have the lutron essentials software.

I believe you don't have to be Level 2 integrator; 10.6 Essentials should work just fine.

8. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    I am trying to link Radio Radio RA2 to Alexa, Honeywell Tuxedo and Wink. Do I need to purchase the connect-BDG2-1 and RadioRA 2 Main Repeater? I am trying to create scenes (robot/Wink) with locks, lighting, music and garage. When I open the garage certain lights, stereo (sonos/alexa) will turn on, Honeywell Tuxedo will disarm and the schlage locks will unlock.

Radio Ra2 can connect to Alexa and Sonos. To do so you do need a main repeater and a connect bridge. It can't be controlled by the Wink (afaik). Additionally, if you use a Lutron Visor Receiver (RR-VCRX) and Transmitter connected to your garage door opener, you can program that on a garage door being opened (by the transmitter), a 'welcome home' type of scene is triggered for lights and Sonos (I can't confirm VCRX triggered scenes can incorporate Sonos but I believe they can).
    Alternatively, you can connect the underlying Honeywell panel to the VCRX and trigger a scene off of a disarm. I believe that Schlage z-wave locks can disarm the panel, but I'm not sure - I know that certain Yale locks can do so. As far as opening a garage door unlocking locks and disarming the system - I don't think so. Maybe a z-wave one can unlock, but it won't disarm the system - only a door lock needing a code can do so.
    So you can have a setup where you 1) Open the garage door and trigger the 'welcome home' scene and then unlock the locks and disarm the alarm through a keypad enabled lock or 2) Open the garage door and then unlock the lock and trigger the 'welcome home' scene through the keypad enabled lock. But I don't think you can do it all with a press of the button.
    This is my best knowledge - I stand to be corrected.
    Alexa/Radio Ra2 integration is a separate matter - Alexa can control scenes/lights but it doesn't integrate with the Tuxedo Touch (which has it's own voice recognition system).

I'm not sure if it will work with wink but all the feature you want can be done with homeseer.

Quote Originally Posted by donmor View Post
    I'm not sure if it will work with wink but all the feature you want can be done with homeseer.
    I can confirm this solution works nicely. I've been using HS3 with the Ra2 plug-in for quite a while. I've been very happy with how well it integrates with the Alexa devices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast