Thread: 220v is it possible?

220v is it possible?

Hi after much research i have found that the lutron caseta would be the best apple homekit enabled device for my purpose. ive recently purchased the lutron caseta P-BDG-PKG2W, before purchasing i emailed customer support to ask if they were compatible with 220v or just 110v countries and was told " the devices in this kit are rated for 120v or 277v. Being very excited to purchase the kit i did not realize that it said OR not and. I purchased the kit and had it brought home to the philippines by a friend that was on holiday. My excitement was short lived tho coz upon opening the box and checking the ratings the hub was indeed 110 to 277v but the dimmer switch was 120v 50/60hz :( been emailing back and forth with the support site and they were even nice enough to say that i should just return the item as i would need to get a country specific product and they sent me a link to the their european site. Unfortunately there is no caseta in that site meaning no HomeKit integration.

Ive decided to keep the product and find a way to make it work. My worse case scenario would be to create a 110 system just for my lighting, meaning i would need to buy dimmable 110v bulbs from the US which would mean another month or so of waiting for someone to come back from holiday.

I was wondering if anyone would have any other ideas on how it would be possible to get this to work without going that direction? Would there be a way of converting the switches/dimmers to work as 220v dimmers? Would there be other lutron 220v modules that work with the caseta hub or are they all exclusive to their different lutron lines?

I would think the best case scenario for me would be if there are 220v switches and dimmers that would work with the caseta hub. Next would be if there would be a way to convert the switches/dimmers 110-220v. Last would be to have to run a 110v lighting system.

would really appreciate all advice and suggestions regarding getting this to work. Unfortunately its very hard for us to find homekit enables devices for 220v right now as even in the UK, Hongkong and singapore sites of apple they only have the Philips hue for lighting.

Thanks

The only dual voltage switch is the PD-5WS-DV-WH, and it is a switch, not a dimmer.

Hi thanks didn't notice that item thanks will get that for my non dimmable lights :) still need to get the dimmer working tho :(