Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Illuminations and Windows Upload Failures

Authorized Lutron Contributor

Illuminations and Windows Upload Failures

We are currently investigating a potential issue when uploading a project file to a HomeWorks Illuminations system when using a Windows machine AFTER installing the Windows update that occurred around November 14th. The issue that we have experienced is when connecting via an Ethernet connection, the file will fail to transfer the DBX.dat file. Currently the only work around for this issue is to use a RS232 connection to upload the project file. We are actively working to resolve this issue.

2. Thanks Armando B., stevi thanked for this post
    Likes Armando B., stevi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic F. View Post
    We are currently investigating a potential issue when uploading a project file to a HomeWorks Illuminations system when using a Windows machine AFTER installing the Windows update that occurred around November 14th. The issue that we have experienced is when connecting via an Ethernet connection, the file will fail to transfer the DBX.dat file. Currently the only work around for this issue is to use a RS232 connection to upload the project file. We are actively working to resolve this issue.
    My tech alerted me to the issue this morning and sure enough, I had a problem with Ethernet uploads. I'm not sure it was the same issue he was experiencing though but I resolved the problem I had today by entering the following 3 commands into terminal prior to each upload
    UPDATEINOS
    CLEANMEM,FFFF
    OSSTART

I tried this because it looked like a CLEANMEM command was failing. I don't know if this will help but I thought I'd throw it out.

Barbara, Unfortunately the commands you have listed will not resolve the issue of the transfer failing with the Windows update that has been published. These commands will however help if you are experiencing an issue with the "cleanmem,ffff" going through when you are performing a transfer.

If your computer upgraded Internet Explorer to version 11, you will have failed uploads to the processors. In order to downgrade you must follow these steps:

1. Find and click on Programs and Features under Control Panel
    2. Click on View Installed Updates on the left
    3. Find Internet Explorer 11 (can use the upper right search field to find this faster)
    4. click on it and click the Uninstall button above the list.
    5. Restart

6. Likes Kevin P. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    Barbara, Unfortunately the commands you have listed will not resolve the issue of the transfer failing with the Windows update that has been published. These commands will however help if you are experiencing an issue with the "cleanmem,ffff" going through when you are performing a transfer.
    Yes, apparently I ran into a different problem and never experienced the problem others did after the last automatic upgrade

However, I just got this note from my technician who has been playing with this on the system at his home.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************
    I just removed the Internet Explorer 11 update and blocked it from re-upgrading, and I can upload here (his home system) with no problems.
    Here's how:

1) Remove internet Explorer -
    I used instructions from Wiki-How for Windows 7 on both my Vista and Win 7 machines - might be different if you have Win 8

http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Int...-for-Windows-7

2) Install the Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 Blocker Toolkit
    to disable automatic update

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40722
    took 15 minutes for the each machine.

Hope this helps

8. Likes Kevin P. liked this post
    HomeWorks Illumination 1.65 has been posted on the http://resi.lutron.com site to resolve the Ethernet upload issues with Microsoft Windows updates.

10. Thanks stevi, Vic F. thanked for this post
    Likes stevi, Vic F. liked this post