I've been a resi AMX programmer/dealer for the last 15 years and see where their mindset has gotten both them and us resi guys and see similar things in Lutron's future and it's RA2 and HWs dealers. it's not good but could be if they position themselves properly which I'm sure it what they are trying to do and sweating bullets day and night trying to figure out. AMX tried too but IMHO what they did didn't work and now it's AMX who?, even for those in the custom integration market. I would think now that all these device share the same clear connect technology eventually it will be a simple licensing option for most devices and then a different master processor. Even that could be a one size fits all and depending on the licensed purchased where you get certain options and features based on the license. Obviously some products will only be available to work with a HWs licensed processor but any local device, dimmer, keypad, t-Stat etc could be upgraded easily to a higher system and that IMHO would be great for dealers, great for end users who might want to scale up without scrapping all their existing in wall devices and great for Lutron since it simplifies manufacturing and doesn't **** off customers who feel ripped off if they want to upgrade since then they tend to say F' it scrap it all and put back in regular devices.