Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Siri and Scenes

Siri and Scenes

Can siri control scenes now since Amazon Echo dot can?

I have all my scenes built in HomeKit, and Siri can trigger HomeKit scenes flawlessly. I don't have any scenes in the Lutron app.

Ok. In my favorites I am missing my kitchen lights but I see it under rooms. It is checked to be included in the favorites. Just doesn't show up

Have you tried toggling the favorites setting off and then back on? What about rebooting the phone?

Yep, I have tried. I will delete everything and start from the beginning and hopefully that will work.

Do you have to use HomeKit for Siri to work with the Lutron lights?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Squill View Post
    Yep, I have tried. I will delete everything and start from the beginning and hopefully that will work.

Do you have to use HomeKit for Siri to work with the Lutron lights?
    Are you using iOS 10? If so, you can use the native HomeKit app called "Home" to create scenes that will be recognized by Siri.

Quote Originally Posted by Squill View Post
    Can siri control scenes now since Amazon Echo dot can?
    No and yes.

The Lutron app maintains it's data on Lutron's servers. Siri is with Apple's HomeKit, which is a local database that can be synced to other iOS devices. The Lutron app does write most of it's data to HomeKit, scenes is not one of them. This is because the Lutron app was written for version one of HomeKit which did not have scenes. Version 2 of the HomeKit SDK does have scenes, but Lutron has not updated their app to talk with it.

As smart_home_guy said, build your scenes in a fully compatible HomeKit app. I actually build scenes in both Apple's "Home" app and in the Lutron app because I do not have a current Apple TV to provide a bridge the outside world when I'm not home. Since Lutron has their own servers, I can control scenes if I have to when not at home.

8. Likes Zach R. liked this post
    Bear in mind that scenes created on Lutron devices can do more than just sequential control. A single scene can adjust multiple devices, to different/same levels, simultaneously. Not popcorn-effect of one after another. It'll be better, effect-wise, to use native Lutron scenes if you want to take advantage of some truly nice and smooth lighting effects.