Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: RadioRa 2 issues finding Connect Bridge

RadioRa 2 issues finding Connect Bridge

I am not able to find my Connect bridge through Inclusive 10.5. It is currently plugged into my network switch and has an IP address that I can see on my network, however my Inclusive software cannot find it. I have research all available material from Lutron and this forum, but cannot find an answer. I have factory defaulted it, tried a different network, tried every combination of static IPs and connections, and tried older software (10.2). Is it possibly just a bad Bridge? Anyone else have issues?

Is the windows firewall turned off in the advanced firewall settings?
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.

3. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post
    Windows firewall is disabled.

took me a long time to get mine up and running as well...had to plug directly into the PC to get it to work (had the same problem with the main repeater).

Yeah? I think I'm going to move on to trying it on a HW QS system. Do you remember your IP settings when you set it up on your PC?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    With my Connect Bridge I have to hard wire my computer into the network in order to discover it. I can discover and communicate with my Main Repeater when I'm wireless, just not the Connect Bridge. Also, did the Connect Bridge update when plugged into your network?

You can always send a Support File in to SystemSupport@lutron.com and we can take a look and see what may be causing this, and look to see if your bridge is connecting to our server.

I just brought a system online for a client that was moving in tomorrow. I was not able to discover the Connect Bridge. All connections were hardwired (Main Repeater, Bridge, and my Laptop) through a FiOS ActionTec router. My windows Firewall was also disabled. I attempted to connect all components to my Luxul router that I bring from project to project and still no success. I disconnected all other network connections leaving only the three devices (Main Repeater, Bridge and Laptop) still no success. I updated the firmware/boot OS on the Main repeater and proceeded to activate and transfer to the system. After each transfer I attempted to discover the bridge (pressing black button first) with again no success. Finally after my fourth of fifth transfer the Bridge was finally discovered. I am not sure what changed within the system for it to all of a sudden be discovered. It was beyond frustrating to experience this issue. Is this a regular problem or once in a while? Are there any known hardware compatibility issues?

A little off topic but on this same project I was not able to discover the main Repeater via my wireless connection. I have not had this issue before. All be it, I was able to get the system up and running, but having to be tethered to an ethernet cable proved to be a significant hindrance in doing so within my clients 3 story home. Has anyone experienced this before? Solutions?

9. Thanks SparkyCoog thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by GLDCSTAV View Post
    A little off topic but on this same project I was not able to discover the main Repeater via my wireless connection. I have not had this issue before. All be it, I was able to get the system up and running, but having to be tethered to an ethernet cable proved to be a significant hindrance in doing so within my clients 3 story home. Has anyone experienced this before? Solutions?
    This is currently my biggest gripe with Lutron's Ra2 and Homeworks QS system. Love the keypads, love the dimmers, love the app; however, in the last year, connecting to their processors has been pure hell. The solution each time was to completely turn off my computer's firewall, bring out my ethernet dongle and connect directly in a closet somewhere, disable wifi, disable windows security, change my computer's IPv4 to static, change the processor's ip to static when it finally does show up in the software, and then once it's all done, leave it in static IP and don't dare anger the gods. Hopefully, afterwards I'll remember to change my computer back before it catches malware or ransomware with all its defenses down. It's been an absolute nightmare and Lutron has no support and blames us for having the audacity of wanting to use wifi in 2016.

Installed my second Connect Bridge on an existing system and also had trouble finding it. This install was already set up for static IP on the main repeater 10.0.0.50 and I was going to make the connect bridge 10.0.0.51.

I converted the old 9.x database to 10.6 and then added the connect bridge to to the software. I didn't expect it to find it on the network at that point because the main repeater was still version 9.x so I uploaded the database and it prompted me to update the firmware which I did. So now, the connect bridge was in the database with the most recent firmware of both the software and the main repeater. It should be able to find it now, right? RIGHT? Well no, it didn't.

So what now? I looked on the instrucitons and it was useless. The customer is eye balling me so I thought maybe if I tried pushing the add button, but that's for setting up the app and not the ra2 software but I thoguht I'd push it anyway. Still nothing showed up. Then magically after a few minutes of refreshing it showed up and had an ip address of 10.0.0.121 by default even though DHCP was disabled so perhaps the router went ahead and assigned it an address anyway. I changed it to 10.0.0.51 and reuploaded the database and after that, things were working fine- the app found the bridge connect, things were added correctly, etc. but even after all that and hte app working, when I would do a search for the processor and connect bridge, half the time it would show it as being offline, despite having a static IP and working fine on the app.

Now I ask you, in 2016, is this much drama really necessary?

and had no issues because again, it was already set up and my firewall was disabled for Ra2 10.6. After