Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lights go on and off - voltage/current problem?

Lights go on and off - voltage/current problem?

I've just purchased the starter kit, P-BDG-PKG2W and installed one of the dimmer switches to control my LED bedroom light. The specific problem I'm having is that if the lights are on and a hairdryer is in use then as soon as the hairdryer is turned off then the lights start cycling on and off. The switch seemingly becomes unresponsive and I cannot stop them flashing. The green LEDs also show that the light is going on and off. The simplest way to stop this is to use Alexa or Siri to turn it off. After this I still need to wait for a few minutes before attempting to turn the lights on again otherwise it starts flashing again. I suspect that turning off a vacuum cleaner would likely cause the same problem.
    It seems that the switch is sensitive to voltage or current fluctuations. I don't know if the issue is with the switch, the LED light or the wiring.

Can anyone help explain the problem or provide some advice on how to resolve this?

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    I've just purchased the starter kit, P-BDG-PKG2W and installed one of the dimmer switches to control my LED bedroom light. The specific problem I'm having is that if the lights are on and a hairdryer is in use then as soon as the hairdryer is turned off then the lights start cycling on and off. The switch seemingly becomes unresponsive and I cannot stop them flashing. The green LEDs also show that the light is going on and off. The simplest way to stop this is to use Alexa or Siri to turn it off. After this I still need to wait for a few minutes before attempting to turn the lights on again otherwise it starts flashing again. I suspect that turning off a vacuum cleaner would likely cause the same problem.
    It seems that the switch is sensitive to voltage or current fluctuations. I don't know if the issue is with the switch, the LED light or the wiring.

Can anyone help explain the problem or provide some advice on how to resolve this?

Where you able to get this resolved? I am experiencing a similar issue with approved bulbs.