Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-5S-DV blinking red light of frustration

PD-5S-DV blinking red light of frustration

Hello all,
    I’ve been slowly but shurely converting the switches in my house to the caseta wireless dimmers and switchers, my main want is to control them with the Apple HomeKit functionality. Today I installed two switches in my kitchen, a dimmer to control the ceiling lights, and a switch to control a 24" fluorescent tube light above the sink. Before the install I killed power at the breaker, and tested the wires with a volt alert. I installed the switches with wago levernuts, using the LUT-MLC to bridge from the hot wire going into the PD-5S-DV to the neutral wires in the box. Turned on the power at the breaker, both switches function, the dimmer connected to the Lutron app normally, but the on/off switch has a blinking red light. I attempted a reset on the switch as the app suggested and the blinking went away for a couple minutes, but then when I attempted to connect it to the app the blinking returned, and now when I reset it, the reset cycles, then the red blinking returns after a couple seconds. The switch still turns the light on and off, but the red light keeps blinking away, wether it’s on or off, and I can’t put it in pair mode.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Wink Problem solved!

I’m an idiot.
    I had the LUT-MLC connected to the neutral wire pre-switch. I think I was just trying to follow the instructions as strictly as I could and not trust my own mechanical intuition. The instructions that come with the PD-5S-DV say to connect the LUT-MLC from "load" to neutral, and show the fixture as going from the load to the neutral separately. Digging deeper into the forum, I came across the instructions for the LUT-MLC purchased separately, those say to connect it from "switched hot" to neutral. At which point the light bulb in my head went off and 5 minutes later the switch is working just fine!

3. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post