Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Undercabinet lights / kitchen cabinet lighting

vqvqv- I stand corrected! I cut my teeth on RA2, where the neutral wire was required unless it was the original hybrid. Thanks for the heads up.
    Business Development Associate- Design, Sales, Installation, and Programming of Smart Homes for Baker Electric Home Energy
    mbalay@bakerhomeenergy.com
    "Spread the light, brother" -Blake Richetta
    "If you think hiring a professional is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur" -Crustyloafer

I am looking for the same solution. Installing undercounter light strips and control them with Lutron Caseta.

Looks like the Lumaris by Lutron would work perfectly. http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products.../Overview.aspx
    Connection it to their recommended drivers and then to a in-wall Lutron Caseta dimmer.

Hopefully they are easily available and at a decent price. Cannot find info online??

Lumaris is a Lutron fixture. I can tell you they are awesome, and have a price to match. They should be purchased through an electrical wholesale distributor or lighting showroom. At their price, get it right the first time.
    Business Development Associate- Design, Sales, Installation, and Programming of Smart Homes for Baker Electric Home Energy
    mbalay@bakerhomeenergy.com
    "Spread the light, brother" -Blake Richetta
    "If you think hiring a professional is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur" -Crustyloafer

In general there is a principal: Dim the driver and let the load take care of itself. That said, testing is the key.
    An issue with LED strip lighting is that the drivers are usually ELV. But lots of strips use a 24vdc transformer as a 'driver'. So if you find such a product you should be able to dim it with MLV dimmer. We (lighting designers) like Hafele LED http://tinyurl.com/zpw3x54 and their housing has a cover that prevents 'dotting' reflections in gloss countertops. You can drive them with 24vdc MLV transformers, which they used to provide but just switched to dimming electronic, which we have on order but it has not arrived for testing yet.

I've been dealing with flicker and low end trim on undercounter LED tape light using a PRO dimmer. Just received a new ELV dimmer and hopefully that'll solve it. Fingers crossed!

Got it. Thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12