Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Undercabinet lights / kitchen cabinet lighting

vqvqv- I stand corrected! I cut my teeth on RA2, where the neutral wire was required unless it was the original hybrid. Thanks for the heads up.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I am looking for the same solution. Installing undercounter light strips and control them with Lutron Caseta.

Looks like the Lumaris by Lutron would work perfectly. http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products.../Overview.aspx
    Connection it to their recommended drivers and then to a in-wall Lutron Caseta dimmer.

Hopefully they are easily available and at a decent price. Cannot find info online??

Lumaris is a Lutron fixture. I can tell you they are awesome, and have a price to match. They should be purchased through an electrical wholesale distributor or lighting showroom. At their price, get it right the first time.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

In general there is a principal: Dim the driver and let the load take care of itself. That said, testing is the key.
    An issue with LED strip lighting is that the drivers are usually ELV. But lots of strips use a 24vdc transformer as a 'driver'. So if you find such a product you should be able to dim it with MLV dimmer. We (lighting designers) like Hafele LED http://tinyurl.com/zpw3x54 and their housing has a cover that prevents 'dotting' reflections in gloss countertops. You can drive them with 24vdc MLV transformers, which they used to provide but just switched to dimming electronic, which we have on order but it has not arrived for testing yet.

I've been dealing with flicker and low end trim on undercounter LED tape light using a PRO dimmer. Just received a new ELV dimmer and hopefully that'll solve it. Fingers crossed!

Got it. Thanks for sharing.

Post New Caseta Under Cabinet Lighting Project Summer 2020

Hi all --It has been 2-3 years since this topic came up regarding under cabinet and cabinet lighting, and wanted to revisit now that I am tasked with a similar project. Any results or conclusions of hardware setups that have good outcomes for a Caseta system? My current situation:I currently have my house running on a Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge Pro and would like to be able to incorporate the lighting in and underneath my cabinets into the system. I have a wire running for lighting underneath the cabinets (potentially looking at a transformer and LED tape lighting) and another wire running for a single light in the top of the cabinet with glass (potentially a LED recessed hockey puck light). Both wires are running to the same switch box that has a neutral, common, ground etc. Being able to dim the lights would be nice, but isn't a deal-breaker. All I am really concern with is buying hardware and lighting that I would be able to incorporate into my Caseta home system to turn on / off. Anyone that could provide any guidance or advice would be most appreciated. Thanks,Michael

Bump. HELP

Giacino - I am looking at the same project you did. How did yours turn out? Any suggestion on what to buy for under-cabinet lighting that works with the Caseta system? Thanks

my solution

I realize this is an older thread, but maybe this will help someone out. I recently upgraded my under cabinet lighting from old fluorescent tubes to the GE enbrighten LED fixtures from Home Depot. It's the dimmable fixtures with selectable warmth (daylight/bright/soft white). Sometime thereafter I decided to upgrade some of my switches and went with the Caseta line. I encountered flickering on the GE LED fixtures whether at dimmed or full brightness settings. I upgraded that switch to the ELV PD-5NE model, but still had some flickering. It is wired with the neutral. To resolve, I changed the phase as instructed here, to forward phase setting:https://www.casetawireless.com/docum...ange-phase.pdfHope this helps someone out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12