Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Home App *No Response* when outside of my network

Home App *No Response* when outside of my network

I can see my Lutron lights when connected to my network, when outside of the network on cellular the lamps show *no response* in the iOS Home app.
    My thermostat still shows when accessing outside the network so I think the Home app is working correctly.

More info

Quote Originally Posted by ash1300ad View Post
    I can see my Lutron lights when connected to my network, when outside of the network on cellular the lamps show *no response* in the iOS Home app.
    My thermostat still shows when accessing outside the network so I think the Home app is working correctly.
    A little more information, I am using the plug in lamp dimmer P-PKG1P-WH and the smart bridge L-BDG2-WH.

You have to have an Apple TV (gen 4), or iPad at home and enabled so it performs as a hub. Note, I had to turn off sleep on my Apple TV For it to work as well. The Apple TV can't be asleep if you want to control the devices away from home using the Home app.

That was exactly the problem, my Apple TV was asleep. I turned off sleep as you did and all is working.

Thank you.

Good tip--thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fmcotton View Post
    You have to have an Apple TV (gen 4), or iPad at home and enabled so it performs as a hub. Note, I had to turn off sleep on my Apple TV For it to work as well. The Apple TV can't be asleep if you want to control the devices away from home using the Home app.
    Can someone explain to me how you use an iPad or apple tv to perform as a hub to gain access to the lighting when you're outside your home network?

Lutron Technical Support
    Here are the directions according to Apple.com: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207057

Did not fix my problem.

Apologies for resurrecting a long dead thread but I have the exact same issue as the original poster. I have an Apple TV 4K as my HomeKit hub and I have it set to Never Sleep. When I am home I can see all of my devices, both Lutron and all of my other WIFI devices, and I can control them with either Home app on my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 11 Pro. However, whenever I leave my house and try to access them remotely, only the WIFI devices are shown to be active and all of my Lutron devices are shown as "No Response". I can control the other WIFI devices like my thermostat remotely, but I cannot control any of my Lutron devices. Does anyone else know what else I can try to get my devices to be "seen" remotely?