Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Remotely Control Simple Wall Switches

Question Remotely Control Simple Wall Switches

I have, I believe, a very simple question about what product(s) are best suited for a particular situation:

There is a small, detached, guest room on my property. It has two external doors with lights above each. The lights are controlled by two individual wall switches, one inside each door. The switches only control the lights and are single switch/plate.

I would like to be able to activate both those switches remotely and turn on both lights at night. They do not have to be activated individually, one button push on a remote could/should turn on both.

No dimming is required. No access from anything other than a remote (Pico?) is required. I do not need to control them from my network, phone or the Internet. The greatest distance from the remote to the interior switches would be less than 50 feet.

A pretty simple system. Press a button, turn on the lights. Press a button turn them off.

Looking for suggestions/model numbers on what will work most simply in this situation.

Thanks

Yes, this can be done easily. You would need one P-PKG1W-WH CASETA STARTER KIT PICO+INWALL DIMMER, and one PD-6WCL-WH CASETA INWALL DIMMER. The difference is that the first item also includes the Pico remote which you would be using in your main house. Install the in-wall dimmers in place of the existing switches in the guest room. Then pair the Pico remote with the 2 dimmers. If you want to mount the Pico on a wall, you will also need to get one PICO-WBX-ADAPT PICO WALLBOX ADAPTER.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by davisadm View Post
    Yes, this can be done easily. You would need one P-PKG1W-WH CASETA STARTER KIT PICO+INWALL DIMMER, and one PD-6WCL-WH CASETA INWALL DIMMER. The difference is that the first item also includes the Pico remote which you would be using in your main house. Install the in-wall dimmers in place of the existing switches in the guest room. Then pair the Pico remote with the 2 dimmers. If you want to mount the Pico on a wall, you will also need to get one PICO-WBX-ADAPT PICO WALLBOX ADAPTER.
    Thanks! Is there a non-dimmable switch I could use? Seems like a shame to waste a dimmer on a light that will never be dimmed.

Thanks again.

Yes, there is a Caseta switch and Pico you can use.
    You would need two PD-5WS-DV-WH 5A CASETA 5A SWITCHs, and one PJ2-2B-GWH-L01 2 BUTTON PICO.

This setup would be a bit more expensive.