Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GE Concord 4 or DSC 1832 Alarm Integration

Question GE Concord 4 or DSC 1832 Alarm Integration

Hi all
    I need to integrate RadioRA 2 Visor Control Receiver to a GE Concord 4 or DSC 1832 (what his security company uses). They both offer RS-232 add-on modules so it seems like it would but I don't want to move on a "seems like". My client's main request is that if the alarm is activated that lights will turn on (IE Full/flash mode) for security alarm and designated lights for fire/smoke alarm triggers. Any info I have found on these panels is older and not very good.

He is not looking to arm disarm via a keypad or anything like that.

Thanks

See if the DSC 1832 has the ability to use Alarm.com. They have a package that directly integrates to Ra2 via their cloud.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

ELK-912 Relay between the siren output on the Concord 4 panel and the VCRX. $8.50 and works perfect. I was so grateful to that electrical engineer that helped me on this site few years ago. Where else can you talk to an electrical engineer and get help like that for free. I realize your post was several years ago however if you or anyone sees that I got some incredible help on this site as you can see from my remarks. I flash all my exterior coach as well as the chandeliers in front rooms visible from outside plus the back four floods, three coach and 7 can lights. I leave master suite dark and else full one. You install that ELK-912 for material cost of $8.50 you be a hero to your client.

Quote Originally Posted by sblunden View Post
    Hi all
    I need to integrate RadioRA 2 Visor Control Receiver to a GE Concord 4 or DSC 1832 (what his security company uses). They both offer RS-232 add-on modules so it seems like it would but I don't want to move on a "seems like". My client's main request is that if the alarm is activated that lights will turn on (IE Full/flash mode) for security alarm and designated lights for fire/smoke alarm triggers. Any info I have found on these panels is older and not very good.

He is not looking to arm disarm via a keypad or anything like that.

Thanks