Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get / Set LED State

Get / Set LED State

I have an unprogrammed keypad button - and I'm using some third party integration to get the button press event, and I also control the LED manually.

This used to work in earlier versions of my RA2 project file, but now it seems that I can't control the LED state externally anymore. It seems to have a mind of its own, constantly turning itself off - after I've run a set command to "On" - almost as if the project is monitoring something and setting it back to the Off state. I've confirmed that I have no programming on this button in my project file.

Can anyone confirm this behavior, and if so, agree that it is a bug or perhaps an intentional design change by Lutron?

(I'm running 10.5 now, and have this problem)

Thanks,
    Ryan

What 3rd party are you using to send the 'on' command? LED control on a keypad with RR2 has always been difficult. I know of no 3rd party that can do it, maybe an obscure telnet command? We create phantom switches/dimmers and tell the 3rd party system to turn on the phantom load, which then influences the LED on the keypad.

3. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Same issue for me. I am using a Omnipro II controller. LED control was working on RR2 software version 10.2 but upon upgrading to 10.6 the functionality doesn't work. For example, upon setting a scene controller button to "on", it stays illuminated for a few seconds and then turns off by itself. Any thoughts on what changed between 10.2 and 10.6?

I'm with the 10.6, with the homeseer plugin everything still work as usual.

Anybody else with OmniPro II having this issue?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi everyone!

If the Leds on the keypads turn on and then a few second turn off would tell us there is no programing on the button. If you are doing 3rd party integration, you will need to put a phantom load on the button. If will allow the LED to stay on.
    Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I will try a phantom button. I am just curious why it worked without a phantom button before and doesn't work now after I upgraded to 10.6. Was the integration with OPII LED scene lights stopped?

This is still an issue for many of our customers. More now than when we put in our trouble ticket.

They have not been able to upgrade to Alexa integration, etc. as they lose access to many features controlled by third party automation systems, that depend on the led states of un-programmed keypad buttons. Phantom buttons are not as solution, as we use at least one or two buttons, with no programming, to use automation features, so that is over 22 buttons we need to have a solution for.

We need to know why it only works up to 10.2 and when you intend to fix it. The integration protocol CLEARLY states that setting the led status and setting IS supported via rs232 AND ip for RadioRA2 AND WE HAVE HAD IT WORKING ON EVERY PROJECT SINCE the beginning, and up to and including 10.2.

Why was this changed after 10.2? Surely it cannot be on purpose, as Lutron has been characterized by being integration friendly. We sell many RadioRA2 sets to use with out integration system and depend on this.

I have just upgraded to 11.0 and it appears this is still an issue. I am not able to set the status of a keypad button LED, even if I use a phantom/virtual load assigned to a keypad button. Please fix this -- integration systems use the buttons as virtual states and this is a deal breaker.

If anyone is experiencing this issue please send in a support file to systemsupport@lutron.com and we can address each concern on a case by case basis. Please indicate the 3rd party system. How the 3rd party is integrating with Ra2. Also indicate which keypad are affected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast