Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Can I set a time delay (pause) between a series of light switches turning on?

Question Can I set a time delay (pause) between a series of light switches turning on?

Is it possible in RA2 to program a keypad button press to turn on three switches, but I each switch to turn on, one after the next with a 2 second pause between each. At the end all three switches will be turned on.

Press Keypad Button = Switch 1 on + 2 second pause + Switch 2 on + 2 second pause + Switch 3 on ( all switches are now ON)

You can put a 2 sec delay on switch 2 and a 4 sec delay on switch 3.

You need to get the UI to show the delay column in the load list of the programming screen. I think you right click on the column headers to enable that column.

3. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post
    Scenes can be set up that have both a fade time AND a delay time. That is, a light can be configured to fade up/down over time. The device can also be configured to turn on or off starting after a delay time. So you could create a scene that turned the lights on that way. I'd be inclined to use the fade, as it makes for a nice effect.

I use the delay for 'area off' buttons. Some of the lights are set to turn off immediately. But any that might be on that would be used to safely leave the area (like stairwell lighting) are set with a delay of a few seconds. That way someone using the button will see immediate action (lights go off) but will still have enough lighting to leave the room.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
    You can put a 2 sec delay on switch 2 and a 4 sec delay on switch 3.

You need to get the UI to show the delay column in the load list of the programming screen. I think you right click on the column headers to enable that column.
    LOL - I always wondered why the integration guide shows how delay is supported - but could never ever figure out why they chose not to allow you to change that in the software. I had no idea this was hidden in there this whole time. Thanks for the info!