Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Control4 and Sonos

Control4 and Sonos

I have 2 sonos units and a large radio Ra2 system (97 devices) integrated into control 4. My dealer has had an impossible time making the motion sensors work with contol4. Recently my sonos units went off line and the system has worked perfectly. I am using the extra vegetables sonos driver. Anyone else with this issue? I am scared to reintegrate the sonos units if that is going to mess up my using the motion sensors to trigger events.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    In order to best help determine the cause of the issue, we would recommend performing the tests below both with the Sonos devices connected to the network as well as with them removed from the network.

Go to the Main Repeater driver and go to the properties tab. Please ensure you have a dedicated login set up in the Ra2 software (do not use lutron/lutron or lutron/integration) and also have the "Debug" option set to "print and log". On the LUA outputs tab you will be able to see feedback from the Main Repeater and what it is sending and receiving.

Please enter and exit the areas with sensors in them and evaluate if the feedback is being received in the LUA output. When the area is occupied you will see the occupancy group change states as well as the lights associated to the sensors turn on. When the areas is unoccupied you will see the occupancy group change states as well as the lights associated to the sensors turn off.

What is a LUA ?
    I am not as dumb as you look..

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    LUA is a programming language (see wikipedia article below). Control4 uses it for certain functions. For more information on how LUA is used in Control4, please contact Control4.

When the main repeater driver is selectedand the option for debug is set to print and log, there will be a live feedback stream under the tab "LUA Output". This is the tab at the rightmost of the Main Repeater driver (After device actions).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_(programming_language)