Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Remote access

Unhappy Remote access

Hello,

I'm new here so apologies if I'm not posting in the correct section.

I recently bought the remote assistance for the homeworksQS thinking it would be easy to setup access.
    I can access my system just fine thru the app when on the local network but I want to be able to do this when also on an external network.

Ive be searched the forums here but couldn't find any relevant information on this. Could someone please point me to the right direction? It would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

How are you testing it? You should turn the wifi off on your smart device only have the 3/4G turned on if your actually in your residence. I have a feeling your trying to test it from within your house. Sometimes that doesn't work. Depending on your router also that could be the problem especially if your using an action tech from verizon. If you have had your smart device successfully find the system on its own via the local network then there is no reason it shouldn't work remotely. I would make sure your processor is also set to a static ip address thats not conflicting with any other device on the network also see link below

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...hlight=verizon

3. Likes Sheharyarali liked this post
    Hi
    Thank you for the prompt reply. It was actually my router which was the issue. Everything is working great now :)

Good Im Glad your all fixed up

Just so we all can learn here was your issue the Verizon router as described or something else. We are all new here the forum has only been up a few months so the more feedback we get on problems the better

Thanks in advance

Hi,
    I had a number of IP cameras setup. For some reasons my IT guy had manually blocked a lot of ports (I don't know why but I'm guess to limit file sharing). I just reset my router to factory default and re added the cameras and that was it. My router is Apple AirPort Extreme with 8 additional air port express (as range extenders).

The good news is you have 2 great products Lutron and Apple. If it has an apple on it then it usually just works

8. Likes Meredith K. liked this post
    100% agreed :)

I spoke too soon :(

I could connect just fine this morning. Then in the afternoon when I tried I couldn't access it as it couldn't connect to the aystem(externally).

Then after a few hours I tried again and it connected just fine. Now as I write this post it's not connecting any more.

Whenever I'm on the external network it connects only occasionally. Any idea why? I haven't changed any settings so the result should be constant.

I would like to mention that I have dynamic IP. I am using dyndns to be able to access them. If my IP is the issue is there any way I could use dyndns to resolve the issue?

Thank you

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    To help us in determining the cause of this issue can you please use the feedback option in the app to send us an e-mail? When using the feedback option it will send us the log files from your device to allow us to better determine the cause of this issue. Thank you!
    Last edited by Brian S.; 11-20-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Hi,

I've sent the email.

thanks