Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security mode

Authorized Lutron Contributor

Security mode

We received this question from a customer, and thought others might be interested in this topic...

How do I program a security mode in HomeWorks QS?

RE: Security mode

We have a security mode in HWQS?

RE: Security mode

Quote Originally Posted by KPhillips
    We have a security mode in HWQS?
    You can set up a sequence to flash lights or to turn them on to a specific level for a specified amount of time. You can even lock out keypads if you desire. There is a How-to video on the HomeWorks Resource site under Education->Online Training-> HWQS. There is also a sample project that you can download and view in the Homeworks QS software.

Sorry if this is a "necropost" but it's still relevant

This is exactly the question I have just asked support directly - looks like it is the case. Security mode on HWI is literally a 5 minute job - on HWQS with 50kps, say 400 buttons and allowing 1-5 mins per button (no copy/paste - I think everything has to be re-entered manually, inc conditionals) - that works out at anything from 1 to 5 days

With new jobs I am pre-assigning the variable as I go, so I won't have to go back, but if it's already programmed....

At this time, this is how the Homeworks QS system is built to operate. Thank you for the feedback and we will forward this to our engineers for consideration of future releases.

I recently did the suggested sequence for a client, but I'd love to know if I can toggle back to the last known state from a 'security mode', whether sequenced or a one-shot scene. Is this possible Lutron guys???

7. Likes ekimla liked this post
    Unfortunately the HomeWorks QS system will not be able to save the last state of a zone and revert to it after the sequence. We would recommend having the lights go to a specific level on the termination step of that sequence. Thank you for this feedback, we will be glad to pass it along to our development team.

I recently ran into another application for retrieving "last known scene" - Lutron support were kind enough to suggest a workaround, but it wasn't ideal

The application was simple - outdoor wall lights - brought to a level at dusk by timeclock, raised on movement temporarily (approaching door etc.) and then returned to previous level

"Previous level" would be the programmed previous level - set by the sequence - but not by the timeclock (in other words level is set in two places and should really match) - and if the customer altered the level manualyl, again, the movement sequence would simply restore to the level in the sequence

A "get level" feature would allow the sequence to put the zone back to whatever it was ... this could be handled with a 3rd party control system but that isn't very satisfactory imo.

10. Thanks Armando B. thanked for this post
    Dealing with this right now. I want a security mode that reverts to one scene if "day" and another if "night". I think it works with if then conditional and 2 sequences that trigger 2 different scenes, but I can't stop the sequence with a button press if the sequence is built into a scene. I must be missing something obvious...

If you want to turn off the lights in the same button, the first line of the conditional should read:

- If sequence 1 is running Or
    If sequence 2 is running
    Then Stop Sequence 1
    Stop Sequence 2

If you want to shut off the sequences from a separate button, just have it as a single option to "Stop Sequence" for both of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast