Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: By-pass Anti virus & firewall Setting

By-pass Anti virus & firewall Setting

Maximum times I observed that to open any Lutron software or to transfer any programme I need to disable my Windows Firewall as well as Antivirus.
    That means if I am using Lutron then I can not use any usb hard-drives & go for scanning.

Can you made an update version that will bypass all antivirus & firewall settings ?

2. Thanks SparkyCoog thanked for this post
    Hello swingajay,
    Thank you for your post.
    The Lutron software will require certain communication protocols to talk to the processor. In most cases firewalls and security programs will block ip multicast. This is used to discover the processor. It would be your responsibility to ensure that firewalls and security programs allow the multicast by disabling them or updating the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    Hello swingajay,
    Thank you for your post.
    The Lutron software will require certain communication protocols to talk to the processor. In most cases firewalls and security programs will block ip multicast. This is used to discover the processor. It would be your responsibility to ensure that firewalls and security programs allow the multicast by disabling them or updating the settings.
    The frustrating part is that it wasn't like this before. 3 Years ago, I never had to disable the firewall or directly connect unless something had really gone wrong. No other product I use from other vendors does this. The problem is only with Lutron and it's dangerous to completely turn off all firewalls since it's easy to forget about it and then my computer is open to attack.

Even when I use Homeworks Illumination, the software has no issues finding the processor. Why is QS (and Radio Ra 2 lately) so difficult and why doesn't Lutron do something about it? Obviously there are many people on this forum and likely countless others who don't come to the forum who have a problem with Lutron's implemnation of multicast so why don't your developers listen to the installers? In all the meetings I have gone, Lutron has prided itself in listening to suggestions and we always get a sheet of paper with features that we want. A hasslefree to connect to the system is an important feature and it shouldn't be "our" responsibility when we are the ones out there installing these things.