Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emergency Lamp

Emergency Lamp

is thera any way to turn on any zone in LQSE-4A-D, LQSE-4T10-D or LQSE-4S-D by a button when the power in whole house is down ?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    If you press the zone buttons on the LQSE modules and the raise and lower buttons on the bottom right, you will be able to locally control the zones when they are not connected to a system.

3. Thanks stevi thanked for this post
    sorry if my explanation is not clear.

what i mean is if the power of processor is down, the keypad's power is automaticlly down.
    - so is there any way to turn on a spesific zone on LQSE modules by a local switch not from the LQSE zone button ?
    - can i use the CCI on LQSE modules to make this happen ?

I believe you can remove the pre installed jumper on the cci pins and put a standard toggle switch in place of the jumper. I believe when you have an open on those 2 contacts it forces ALL zones on regardless of keypads. Remember it works in reverse so an open puts it into Emergency mode. You would most likely want to have some sort of good labeling and or protection on the switch. In the event that someone accidently hits the switch it will disable control and force ALL zones on.

See Link
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...seAdaptive.pdf

6. Thanks stevi, Armando B., Chris Y. thanked for this post
    Likes Armando B. liked this post
    can i turn on only 1 or a spesific zone on LQSE modules by this CCI ? not ALL zones

I dont believe so. Maybe someone from lutron can answer that. I know we can do that in Homework's where we can tell a specfic load to come on if the MI is set to override but Im not nearly as familiar with your product.

9. Thanks stevi thanked for this post
    Likes stevi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    I know we can do that in Homework's where we can tell a specfic load to come on if the MI is set to override,....

do you mean it in HWI ? is it in the state that the processor's power is down ? can you tell me how to do that ?

yes goto your load schedule click on a specific load then go to the properties box and click on zone and under manual override you can set it to on,off or a level if its a dimmed zone.Im not sure how this will work with your equipment but if using an MI it does work when you put the MI in to override via the contact closure. Yours seems to need an open not a closure to go into override

12. Thanks stevi thanked for this post
    See screen shot
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. Thanks stevi thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevi View Post

do you mean it in HWI ? is it in the state that the processor's power is down ? can you tell me how to do that ?
    I just reread your question Are you looking to turn a load on when the processor or MI have No power? If so I'm would think you would need to do something with a 3rd party relay. Can you explain your situation or scenario with a little more detail? I may be of further assistance with a clearer understanding of exactly what your trying to accomplish. I may have misled you when I assumed there would be power to the MI still. Sorry

16. Thanks stevi thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast