Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency Lamp

i just wanna know if someday there's a homeowner ask me if i could give them a switch to turn on just one zone of a module if the processor has no power, because if the processor has no power, the keypad is also has no power. so, can RPM or LQSE module turn on just one or a spesific zone in that module by a standard switch if the processor and keypad has no power ?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by stevi View Post
    sorry if my explanation is not clear.

what i mean is if the power of processor is down, the keypad's power is automaticlly down.
    - so is there any way to turn on a spesific zone on LQSE modules by a local switch not from the LQSE zone button ?
    - can i use the CCI on LQSE modules to make this happen ?
    The LQSE modules, except for the motor modules, will have a normally closed Contact Closure Input next to the four-pin connection to the processor. If this contact closure is open, it will trigger the manual override functionality in the unit. You can program the manual override level for each zone in the unit. To do this, on the "design->loads" screen there is a link to "customize columns" (See picture attached). You can program each load to a specific level, then when the contact is open, it will call the levels programmed to manual override. There does not need to be an active connection to the system and processor for this to function.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails manual override.jpg  

3. Thanks stevi thanked for this post
    Likes stevi liked this post

Smile

thanks for all of your help, i really love this forum.
    i'm new in Lutron product, and i'm new programmer in my office. There's many things that i dont know in Lutron program and this forum is really help me.

5. Thanks Armando B. thanked for this post
    Likes Armando B. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    The LQSE modules, except for the motor modules, will have a normally closed Contact Closure Input next to the four-pin connection to the processor. If this contact closure is open, it will trigger the manual override functionality in the unit. You can program the manual override level for each zone in the unit. To do this, on the "design->loads" screen there is a link to "customize columns" (See picture attached). You can program each load to a specific level, then when the contact is open, it will call the levels programmed to manual override. There does not need to be an active connection to the system and processor for this to function.
    i've try this but the result is all of zone in my module is on when the contact is open, is there any step that i miss ? this is my program.
    Kantor_v.6.0.1_22-11-2013.lutx

did i need manual override device ?

i found "emergency" column in "customize column", and i fill some emergency column with percentage and when the contact closure is open the zone is on with percentage that i fill, but it can't be 0%, it say that i have to fill it with 1-100, is there anyway i can make it 0% ?

how about manual override ? because i've tried fill it with percentage but when the contact closure is open all of zone is on and it not on with percentage that i fill. did i need manual override device ?

When I opened your project dimmed zones 1-3 are set to 0 on manual override and switched zones are set to off so from what i see only zone 1 comes on to 75% when system is set to overide via an open on the contacts. Isn't this what you wanted ?

So what this means is when you tie the normally closed contacts to a device that is normally closed system functions normal when that device is open weather its a toggle switch or relay or similiar device the LQSE will enter emergency/override mode.

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    When I opened your project dimmed zones 1-3 are set to 0 on manual override and switched zones are set to off so from what i see only zone 1 comes on to 75% when system is set to overide via an open on the contacts. Isn't this what you wanted ?
    Yes, it was what i wanted. But when i run this program it is not running like what i want. all of zone is on, not only zone 1.
    but if i use emergency not manual override, it is running like what i want, but i can't be 0%, it have minimum 1% and it mean the load is still on. i wanted to make it off or 0%.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Currently for the LQSE modules the emergency levels cannot be set to 0% so we would recommend settings those lights to 1%. We will pass this information on to the engineering team.

12. Thanks stevi thanked for this post
    Likes stevi liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12