Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Error Sync-ing homeowner edits

Error Sync-ing homeowner edits

Just went through hours of meticulous scene editing with a home owner on their ipad and when I went to sync the home owner edits to record the changes I get the error the transfer was not complete and it's a network error. Per phone support I tried, extracting upgrading to 10.4 (was on 10.1) and it errors on extraction also. If I try to update firmware (10.1 or 10.4) it says I will lose "home owner tweaks". Network is otherwise fine, it finds the main repeater and pings it quicker than any other system I've programmed. Other APP's seem to communicate over the network just fine and I disabled firewall.

I really don't want to lose all the work that was done. The only thing I haven't tried is plugging directly to the main repeater.

Any suggestions??

Also homeowner complains of random lights coming on and off occasionally, but there are no schedules set.

Lastly, is there way to edit the Grafik Eye Keypad Buttons on the App? I didn't see it show up as a "keypad" on the app.

Paul - I had similar issues trying to sync homeowner edits, and power cycling the main repeater fixed them... I don't know if you tried that but may be worth a shot...

-Ray

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rapamatic View Post
    Paul - I had similar issues trying to sync homeowner edits, and power cycling the main repeater fixed them... I don't know if you tried that but may be worth a shot...

-Ray
    Thanks Ray I'll try that first!!!
    ~~~once the student now the master!!~~~

I keep old versions of the software on my laptop. That way when I know I am going to be updating I extract the program file using the version the system was last programmed with as a back up. Then update from that file. Just make sure you keep saving the file with a new name. If power cycling doesn't help and you don't have the version of the software still I believe support can help you locate the older version of the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    I keep old versions of the software on my laptop. That way when I know I am going to be updating I extract the program file using the version the system was last programmed with as a back up. Then update from that file. Just make sure you keep saving the file with a new name. If power cycling doesn't help and you don't have the version of the software still I believe support can help you locate the older version of the software.
    Thanks for the Suggestions. Power cycling did not resolve it and I do have back up(s), but if I load a back up, I will lose all the homeowner edits, which are considerable in this case.
    I have to get Lutron a support file but I'm running out of time. Looks like I will have to manually record the lights and levels from about 36 buttons (94 devices) and enter them into one of my back-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by paulhanks View Post
    Thanks for the Suggestions. Power cycling did not resolve it and I do have back up(s), but if I load a back up, I will lose all the homeowner edits, which are considerable in this case.
    I have to get Lutron a support file but I'm running out of time. Looks like I will have to manually record the lights and levels from about 36 buttons (94 devices) and enter them into one of my back-ups.
    Man, that sounds painful. I'm back to being a student :)

Still having issues here, and unfortunately found more issues. Some of the Grafik Eye's (3 of 4) do not show their keypad on the App. The most frustrating thing is the system is functionally fine, but I need to do more work on it without losing what I have done. Latest suggestion from Lutron was to set up a vLAN for the RR2, as they said they are seeing a lot of traffic on the network (from the support file I was able to DL). This is a larger home but in terms of network there is not a lot going on here besides the Lutron itself. It's your basic $6 million waterfront home, with maybe about 4 people and their devices (wifi) on the network. For the rest the home doesn't have much on the network that I can see, heck all they do have is plugged into their ISP's router on 3 ports including the RR2 main repeater. I have tried to sync and extract over Wifi, plugged into their router, plugged directly to the repeater and brought in my own router, all unsuccessful DHCP or not....