Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How to retrofit Illumination keypad to QS system?

How to retrofit Illumination keypad to QS system?

I know that I would need a link translator HQ-HWI-LX and a $1500 license fee, but how do I add it on QS? I look under the toolbox and there is no such keypad option available. How would I add it and then how is the programming different than QS keypads?

I'm currently dealing with offering an option to upgrade a DOA series 4 processor and all signs are pointing to "it's not worth to upgrade to QS and we might as well use RR2".

In QS go to project settings and then project options there you will see that show illumination needs to be checked

You will need to buy all new keypads if you go to Radio Gaga Depends how many keypads you currently have and 1 other factor is make sure there is no conditional programing on any keypad because you most likely can no duplicate it in Radio Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    In QS go to project settings and then project options there you will see that show illumination needs to be checked

You will need to buy all new keypads if you go to Radio Gaga Depends how many keypads you currently have and 1 other factor is make sure there is no conditional programing on any keypad because you most likely can no duplicate it in Radio Gaga
    Thanks for the info. I have no access to the old programming as the original A/V company installer disappeared and honestly had done a terrible job regardless. They didn't even bother with stickers, much less engraving. From the homeowner's description, they were just simple light scenes as this was a spec house. I'm just absolutely shocked that Lutron doesn't simply charge a fee to repair an out of warranty processor so the programming can be preserved, especially since there is no backup memory. Even more shocked that we can't buy a replacement processor even! I deal with another whole home system based in Utah (won't mention name) and their previous generation's 20 year old processors can still be sent in for repairs and there is even a backup memory so my respect for Lutron has gone down a lot here since I had to tell the customer that something that should be $600 at most is going to be well over $10,000!

There are less than 20 keypads and I would have to change the panel (still not sure why QS insists on having its own fancy panel and just screw in to the old panel or the wall like RR), buy an additional repeater, Replace the WPM's, pay the $1500 license fee (which is double charging IMO), and reprogram everything. Whatever saving they would have on the 9 year old keypads would be gone with the other parts.