Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lutron Caseta Home Bridge 2 with iOS 10 HomeKit and Remote Access via Apple TV 4

Lutron Caseta Home Bridge 2 with iOS 10 HomeKit and Remote Access via Apple TV 4

As the title says, this post concerns the setup in the title. I have upgraded all of my Apple devices to the latest iOS operating systems, (Apple iOS 10, TV OS 10 and Watch OS 3), with my Apple TV 4 set up to act as a "Hub" for remote connection when outside of my home network. When I am at home on my home network all of my Lutron Caseta devices are seen by the Apple Home app on my iOS devices. Once i turn off my wifi connection on my iOS devices and connect to my wireless provider's network via cellular I can no longer see any of my Lutron Caseta devices or the Lutron Caseta Home Bridge 2 with my Apple Home app. The message at the top of the Home App states "16 devices not responding". When I click on the "details" icon under that message the next window shows all of the Lutron Caseta devices as being inaccessible and shows the Lutron Caseta Home Bridge 2 as "not responding". As soon as I turn my wifi connection back on and am reconnected to my home network, all of the Lutron Caseta accessories become available again.
    I know this is specifically a problem with the Lutron Caseta Bridge 2 because I also have Schlage Sense Door Locks that are HomeKit compatible and they are all working when I am outside of my home network via access through my Apple TV 4 as the HUB for remote connections. It appears that the Lutron Caseta Home Bridge is not able to talk through the Apple TV 4 when the user is no longer on the local network. With that being said, does Lutron have a upgrade that needs to be pushed to the Lutron Caseta Home Bridge 2 in order to allow this connection through the Apple TV 4 for remote access? If so when is this firmware upgrade to the Lutron Caseta Home Bridge 2 going to be available for the users in order to fix this problem?
    Has anyone else seen this problem yet? Any input would be helpful.
    Michael Pinto
    Lutron System: Lutron Caséta Bridge 2, 16 accessories
    Control Devices: Apple iPhone 6s (iOS 10), Apple TV 4 (TV OS 10), Apple Watch (Watch OS 3), Apple iPad Air 2 (iOS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.Pinto View Post
    I know this is specifically a problem with the Lutron Caseta Bridge 2 because I also have Schlage Sense Door Locks that are HomeKit compatible and they are all working when I am outside of my home network via access through my Apple TV 4 as the HUB for remote connections. It appears that the Lutron Caseta Home Bridge is not able to talk through the Apple TV 4 when the user is no longer on the local network. With that being said, does Lutron have a upgrade that needs to be pushed to the Lutron Caseta Home Bridge 2 in order to allow this connection through the Apple TV 4 for remote access? If so when is this firmware upgrade to the Lutron Caseta Home Bridge 2 going to be available for the users in order to fix this problem?
    Has anyone else seen this problem yet? Any input would be helpful.
    It isn't the firmware on the smart bridge, I have it working well, finally. I have been playing with HomeKit since the integration started. I was using an apple TV 3 and always had an issue I could not resolve like you describe. With iOS 10 Apple now Requires an Apple TV 4. I setup the Apple TV 4 from factory default and remote control of Siri started working perfectly without any changes to my Lutron setup. Have you tried factory resetting the Apple TV and setting it up again as a new device? Have you tried resetting the home kit integration?

Lukeetal,
    Thanks for the information on the "Factory Reset" to the Apple TV 4. Once I performed a "Factory Reset" to the Apple TV 4 and set it up again with all of my credentials that seemed to have fixed the problem of not being able to access my HomeKit Network remotely. All of my Lutron devices are now working remotely via Siri and Apple Homekit! I apologize for my accusation of the problem being with the Lutron Caseta Bridge 2.
    Michael Pinto
    Lutron System: Lutron Caséta Bridge 2, 16 accessories
    Control Devices: Apple iPhone 6s (iOS 10), Apple TV 4 (TV OS 10), Apple Watch (Watch OS 3), Apple iPad Air 2 (iOS 10)

Yep, I had to do a factory reset on my Apple TV 4 as well. Annoying, but glad my remote access is working now!