Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Laser engraving Claro wall plates and Ra2 buttons?

Laser engraving Claro wall plates and Ra2 buttons?

I know Lutron has engraving services. I'm curious, however, if anyone else has engraved other the Claro wall plates or the regular buttons? Have a couple of situations where a larger font sizes and styles are being requested.

I don't have any desire to do them in volume but I would like to consider having my own equipment for it to allow for small bits of work from time to time. I know zilch about laser engraving. But I read enough to know that there are some pitfalls of certain materials and certain methods. I figured this was probably the best place to start investigating the process

wkearney99-
    I would contact customer service. I may be possible to do this, since font size is adjustable for HomeWorks. It would need to be the old style of filling out the PDFs and sending in to Lutron, instead of running the engraving report like we do now. Lutron may have a charge for the keypads if what you want is radically different. They will do faceplate engraving, but it requires a special quote from Lutron as well. Expect longer lead times.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    wkearney99-
    I would contact customer service. I may be possible to do this, since font size is adjustable for HomeWorks. It would need to be the old style of filling out the PDFs and sending in to Lutron, instead of running the engraving report like we do now. Lutron may have a charge for the keypads if what you want is radically different. They will do faceplate engraving, but it requires a special quote from Lutron as well. Expect longer lead times.
    Right, there are options for using other services. Versus being able to make up something here, today, with no lead time beyond pulling one from stock and programming the engraver. I'm certainly not trying to end-run around Lutron's services, as they do a great job of it. I'm looking for alternatives where the budget & timeframe may not be well served by going that route.

Did you find an alternative?
    Have a lead on a local guy but getting him to call back is becoming a chore.
    Have on Claro I need to engrave and all ready have the plate.
    Thinking of buying a $200 engraver and trying it myself.
    May pay of down the road with all the plates I see with homeowner stickers.

Keep in mind that when Lutron engraves seeTouch buttons, they are engraved before they are put in the metal spring tree. If you try to pop them out to engrave them, and then replace them in the spring tree, you will find that they will feel funky. Also the process varies by color.

Plates are probably easier than buttons to do locally.
    Phil Scheetz
    Lighting Control Solutions
    pscheetz@lightingcontrolsolutions.com

Thanks pscheetz
    Yea I was talking more about the plates. Would come in handy to be able to clean up some house or just do a Claro here and there.
    I wasn't thinking of doing the keypads. Lutron does a great job and the logistics of a round button are not what I want to spend my time on.

Not trying to make a business out of it. Just convenience of time and costumer satisfaction.

7. Likes wkearney99 liked this post