Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Sonos Pico and activation on Inclusive 10.4

Question Sonos Pico and activation on Inclusive 10.4

I understand the Sonos Pico must be programmed through the Lutron Connect App, but I need to activate it on Inclusive first, don't I? But I can't see the new Pico there in the list of devices. Am I missing something?
    Same with Keypads, if I want to program the seeTouch buttons to act as Sonos controls, there is no such option to add Sonos as a controllable device on Inclusive, as far as I am concerned. Thanks everyone for any insights.

The Audio pico's do not get programmed in the software, just added to the system. Just add the pico as a 3 button raise lower in the software, activate it, then switch to the Connect App after transferring. I noticed that the type of engraving on the pico changes the way the pico shows up in the app. From the app you can choose between making the pico an Audio only pico or using the pico for both Audio and lighting. Note that if you use the pico for lighting and audio you can choose between controlling volume or dimming level, but not both.

3. Thanks Dimerize thanked for this post
    Likes Dimerize liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Good insight, Lukeetal!
    This document may help a little as well:
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...s_App_Note.pdf

5. Thanks Lukeetal thanked for this post
    Likes Lukeetal liked this post
    Hey guys- I know this is an old thread- but do you know if activation of the Pico remote for light/scene control is similar to the Sonos? I'm having trouble figuring out how to activate my 2 Pico remotes. In the RA2 software it lets me program the buttons, but during activation, it doesn't let me add the Pico to the RA2.

Quote Originally Posted by mazarian View Post
    Hey guys- I know this is an old thread- but do you know if activation of the Pico remote for light/scene control is similar to the Sonos? I'm having trouble figuring out how to activate my 2 Pico remotes. In the RA2 software it lets me program the buttons, but during activation, it doesn't let me add the Pico to the RA2.
    HiMazarian,
    Make sure the Pico you added in the "Design" section is the exact same Pico model you are trying to activate. If it's not the exact model, it won't activate. Same happens with any other RA2 device, such as dimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimerize View Post
    HiMazarian,
    Make sure the Pico you added in the "Design" section is the exact same Pico model you are trying to activate. If it's not the exact model, it won't activate. Same happens with any other RA2 device, such as dimmers.
    Hi Dimerize- thank you for your help! So I double checked the Pico remote model and it looks like it's the same. The back of the remote say PJ2-3BRL and in RA2 it's PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01- not sure if that's a problem or not. I've attached a few screenshots so you can see what I'm seeing. During activation, the Pico's don't show up as an option to click on and activate.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ra2 design.PNG   ra2-activating.PNG   Ra2-guestroom.PNG   Ra2-unable to transfer.PNG  

Seems there are other issues there, you have six devices in the Guest Bedroom and only three show in the activation. I notice also some stars, meaning, RD-RD, these don't need activation, other than their Master switch/dimmer, but that would sum up to five against three, again. For the Pico, try deleting it from the Design tab, add it back, and try again. Report back here.

Wow! Somehow that worked! The only thing I did differently is I created a new/separate location for the Pico rather than putting it in a wall plate with another dimmer. Not sure whether deleting them did the trick or giving it a dedicated location in the room.

Thanks so much for all your help!

It's rare that you need to delete devices and add them back, but it may happen. Sometimes the database gets corrupted during activation or transfer, so keep that in mind. As long as the model is the same, if you are not able to activate them, just delete them and reset. Works for almost every RA2 device. You should now be able to put the Pico back to the gang it belongs and re-transfer. Enjoy!