Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Traditional Telnet integration via Smart Bridge Pro?

Traditional Telnet integration via Smart Bridge Pro?

The most frustrating thing about Caseta is the lack of documentation provided by Lutron, even on the MyLutron site for level 2 dealers. I always thought that the Caseta line was cloud based only and it was not possible to do traditional RS-232 or HTTP and Telnet commands, but read that it was possible with the Pro bridge. Is this true and if so, why isn't this advertised and documentation provided for it?

Because there's some kind of departmental fragmentation within Lutron that appears to be preventing them from actually responding effectively to the market. At least that's the only sensible reason I can think of to explain their behaviors.

It's true but available only to certified partners. I should point out though that Caseta's telnet capabilities are much reduced compared to for example RA2s, so even if it was open to all, it isn't that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by veeeh View Post
    It's true but available only to certified partners. I should point out though that Caseta's telnet capabilities are much reduced compared to for example RA2s, so even if it was open to all, it isn't that interesting.
    Thanks! It's not so much that I would want to use it but I miss the old days of getting a phone book sized manual for Homeworks that had every little thing there was to know about the system!