Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

Been working with 8.1 installed on Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview. Just wanted to throw out there so far its running much faster on Win10 then Win7. I have it installed on Mac through Parallels and it seems fine so far. I genarlly have a few things I look at to compare speed and those for the most part are a bit faster. I will do my best to get it to crash I seem to have a good knack for that.

Windows 7 is so old and archaic. When I upgraded to 8.1 I was amazed how much faster the startup time was.

Yes 7 is old but not as old as the reliable xp ;) which by the way i also still use for some apps that just run perfect on it 10 seems nice if you like windows plus it will all be FREE

I'm having trouble submitting an engraving order from within Windows 10 TP.

Worth testing, Lutron teams.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for this feedback. What error are you seeing when you try to submit engraving? Any chance you can provide a screenshot?

I'd rather not try again, I'm gonna end up with two orders if it succeeds ;-)

The PDF was not generated in time, resulting in an error. I noticed the same project under Seven did generate the PDF much faster (the tray icon states the current PDF page).

Thank you for the feedback. We have done some smoke testing to verify some functionality, and have planned more extensive testing as the release date for Windows 10 public comes out.

Armando, et al:

What is the official stance on Win 10? It looks very stable elsewhere, but don't want to risk it on my main Lutron programming laptop as I run MANY versions of RA2, QS, and HWI daily. I currently run Win 7 as I personally felt 8 was a disaster (other than speed). Just want to confirm if there's a collective positive feeling about various Lutron software on Windows 10. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by whdigital View Post
    Armando, et al:

What is the official stance on Win 10? It looks very stable elsewhere, but don't want to risk it on my main Lutron programming laptop as I run MANY versions of RA2, QS, and HWI daily. I currently run Win 7 as I personally felt 8 was a disaster (other than speed). Just want to confirm if there's a collective positive feeling about various Lutron software on Windows 10. Thanks in advance!
    whdigital,

We are doing more extensive testing with Windows 10 for HWQS and RA2. We have heard of some reports of HW having issues connecting to processors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    whdigital,

We are doing more extensive testing with Windows 10 for HWQS and RA2. We have heard of some reports of HW having issues connecting to processors.
    Please keep the community posted if you can test HWI as well. That product is certainly far from extinct in the market place, but hardware running less than 10 will be soon extinct!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast