Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Large system

Large system

There is a task to use in the same house 7 main repeaters, and 23 of the HVAC controllers.
    RA2 will carry only the climate control.
    The main repeater will separately (or two when using RadioRA2 Inclusive) and each integrated with AMX.

They will not interfere with each other on a radio channel?
    I'm sorry for my english

I think there is a limit on the number of HVAC controllers, someone with more experience will have to chime in, however I know there is a limit on wireless sensors for the HVAC. If you build it in you RR2 software it will error or not allow if you get to many.

I think the question is if you have 7 separate systems in the same house (or even 14 main repeaters), will they interfere with each other? The answer to that is no. RA2 is a regulated band and not continuously broadcasting RF like WiFi bands. I think you can have 2^16 systems in the same room? i.e over 65000 languages coexisting on the same RF band. For example my system would likely speak english, but clearly suprun's system would not... haha, just teasing you suprun - no harm meant.

There are 60 available RF channels (frequencies). Perhaps they can be assigned such that there is maximum spacing between active channels?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    There is no limit to the number of either HVAC controllers or TouchPRO units you can have on a main repeater as long as you do not exceed 100 devices. There is however a limit of 5 RF temperature sensor per main repeater. If you do not assign a RF temperature sensor to the HVAC controller then it will always use is wired sensor (either flush mount or duct sensor).

If you are going to have multiple systems on the same network then you will need to change the system addresses so that each system uses a unique system address. This can be changed in the main repeater settings screen by clicking the option for the advanced settings on the left hand side of the main repeater setting screen. After making this change you will need to save the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by suprun View Post
    There is a task to use in the same house 7 main repeaters, and 23 of the HVAC controllers.
    RA2 will carry only the climate control.
    The main repeater will separately (or two when using RadioRA2 Inclusive) and each integrated with AMX.

They will not interfere with each other on a radio channel?
    Why are you not using QS?? This is trouble waiting to happen.

7. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    There is no limit to the number of either HVAC controllers or TouchPRO units you can have on a main repeater as long as you do not exceed 100 devices. There is however a limit of 5 RF temperature sensor per main repeater. If you do not assign a RF temperature sensor to the HVAC controller then it will always use is wired sensor (either flush mount or duct sensor).

If you are going to have multiple systems on the same network then you will need to change the system addresses so that each system uses a unique system address. This can be changed in the main repeater settings screen by clicking the option for the advanced settings on the left hand side of the main repeater setting screen. After making this change you will need to save the settings.
    Why is the main repeater limited to 5 rf temp sensors? Just to force installers of larger system to Homeworks?
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    Why is the main repeater limited to 5 rf temp sensors? Just to force installers of larger system to Homeworks?
    Same reason why a 6 zone grafik eye counts as 6 devices when it's only one device (or in QS counts as 6 zones and 1 device) - to force you to buy more :) I doubt there is any technical reason.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    We are limited by FCC regulations that limit the amount RF transmission allowed. Even in a HWQS system, you are still limited to 5 RF temp sensors per RF link, there is no difference if you have 1 Repeater on the link or 4, still limited to 5 RF temp sensors on that link.