Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Sonos Integration - Issue

Sonos Integration - Issue

Was able to get Sonos Integration partially working, but i'm having an issue that I'm wondering if anyone else has come across.

I'm trying to configure "Play or Pause Rooms" and a specific favorited play list. When I activate the button I can see Sonos gets hit - whatever is playing stops, but it does not play the favorited playlist or even switch to it. I've tried several playlists and always end up with the same behavior.

Toggle Play/Pause works as it should - toggles play/stop of whatever is in the queue

Skip Next works as it should - skips to the next song in the queue and if paused, starts playing the next song

Cycle Favorite works as it should - cycles to the next favorited playlist and if paused, starts playing the favorite.

Play or Pause Rooms does not seem to work at all. I'm running the latest software on Sonos - 6.4.1 and Radio Ra 2 - 10.4 and 2.0 (6) of the Lutron Connect iPhone App. The Sonos equipment is a ZP80.

Can anyone confirm this behavior and/or help diagnose?

Thanks

Do you ever seen any error pop up when you select favorites from the Sonos app?
    What controller are you using for Sonos? Pico and type or a keypad?
    What music service is the favorite on? (spotify, pandora, etc).
    Have you tried submitting diagnostics to Sonos and calling there support? They can see so much more about how Sonos is working than you would imagine. It is worth the wait to speak with there support. (800) 680-2345

I have only seen an error on my system with one of my Favorites, it was a problem with the favorite, they changed the encoding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    Do you ever seen any error pop up when you select favorites from the Sonos app?
    What controller are you using for Sonos? Pico and type or a keypad?
    What music service is the favorite on? (spotify, pandora, etc).
    Have you tried submitting diagnostics to Sonos and calling there support? They can see so much more about how Sonos is working than you would imagine. It is worth the wait to speak with there support. (800) 680-2345

I have only seen an error on my system with one of my Favorites, it was a problem with the favorite, they changed the encoding.
    Thanks for the reply... answers below.
    I'm using iPhone and iPad Sonos apps for my Sonos (I sold my remotes years ago)
    I'm using a Lutron tabletop Keypad.
    No music service... My favorite is using local music... I've tried brand new ones with single songs and old ones with hundreds of songs. None work.

I have not yet called Sonos... I guess I could give them a try... but it sure seems like since everything else is working there is a problem with the integration. This is why I was hoping someone would validate if "Play or Pause Rooms" is working for them.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by cjett View Post
    No music service... My favorite is using local music... I've tried brand new ones with single songs and old ones with hundreds of songs.

This is why I was hoping someone would validate if "Play or Pause Rooms" is working for them.

Thanks again.
    Where is the music you are trying to play stored? on one of the devices (iPhone/ipad) or a computer/music server?
    Play pause works great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    Where is the music you are trying to play stored? on one of the devices (iPhone/ipad) or a computer/music server?
    Play pause works great for me.
    Dedicated computer with an attached thuderbolt drive. Rock solid and no issues for 4+ years. I'm a first gen Sonos house... March 2005 with a ZP100 (still in use), and then multiple ZP80s added the following year.

Good to hear Play Pause works for you. Thanks for confirming, I'll give Sonos support a call and see what we can sort out. Thanks again for your help.

Figured out my problem... The one Zone Player I'm trying to use I have set as fixed volume output ZonePlayer... and that does not work with Lutron. So I suspect it's a Sonos problem about how they're parsing the data... Lutron is sending a volume level across and the fixed volume defined Sonos ZonePlayer does not know how to deal with it and falls over.

So... I have a call into Sonos to report my findings and hopefully they can issue a fix quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by cjett View Post
    Figured out my problem... The one Zone Player I'm trying to use I have set as fixed volume output ZonePlayer... and that does not work with Lutron. So I suspect it's a Sonos problem about how they're parsing the data... Lutron is sending a volume level across and the fixed volume defined Sonos ZonePlayer does not know how to deal with it and falls over.

So... I have a call into Sonos to report my findings and hopefully they can issue a fix quickly.
    Just spoke to Sonos... according to them, all 3rd party integrations are the 3rd party's responsibility. So, I guess this falls within Lutron, sitting on hold now to report this to Lutron for them to address.

8. Thanks Lukeetal thanked for this post
    Likes Lukeetal liked this post
    My play pause works fine on a keypad button. Very nice addition to the system, I finally have local radio playing again when I get home! Lost that when Shaw went digital 5 years ago.. Though I have another glitchy thing happening. I am using the Lutron RR2 geo fencing to hit my home button, which plays a Sonos favorite. I love this... but it always cranks the volume in the Sonos app to full, so it is super loud each time. If I set the volume to where I want it and press pause, then hit play, the volume comes back where I left it. Combined with the geo fencing and the integration and I get full volume no matter where I leave it. Any one else?
    Also, I have noticed that the geofencing does NOT mean a button press. Any 3rd party (RTI) listening for a button press does not notice an event. Same with hitting the favorite scenes (pulled from multiple keypads) in the new iPhone app does not 'press' the button that the scene is pulled from.