Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Would IFTTT get me around this Amazon Echo bump? (default to dimmed percentage)

Would IFTTT get me around this Amazon Echo bump? (default to dimmed percentage)

I have Amazon Echo's around the house with Lutron Caseta devices now all over as well. So far I like most of what I experience. However, I ran into an unexpected hiccup when it came to my own bedroom. It has five recessed lights (BR30 size) and I find that you can't get reliable BR30 LED bulbs below 65 equivalent watts these days. The problem is, I nearly blind myself when I say, "Alexa turn on the bedroom lights". I need to remember to say, "Alexa, turn the bedroom lights to 40%" or some such. Of course, I often forget and, cue the small sun....

So, I'd like to find a way to get the Echo's to go ahead and turn on those lights, but default them to a specific setting. Is IFTTT the best way to go about that?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    If you don't ever have a need for the lights to turn on to their full output level, you could adjust the high end trim on the Caseta dimmer to the level you'd like your lights to go to at full on. See page 36 in advanced install guide for how to do it. http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
    If you don't ever have a need for the lights to turn on to their full output level, you could adjust the high end trim on the Caseta dimmer to the level you'd like your lights to go to at full on. See page 36 in advanced install guide for how to do it. http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf
    Eric,

This is fantastic information. Thanks so much for the link. It's exactly what I needed. Support didn't seem to know about this option when I called last night.