Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrive Home Useless to Couples/Families

Arrive Home Useless to Couples/Families

I'm converting most everything over to Lutron Caseta Wireless in our home and have it all interacting with several Amazon Echo/Dot devices.

Aside from the known fan controller issue, I ran into an unexpected issue with the new Arrive Home functionality. I have a foyer light controlled by a Caseta dimmer and it's set to come one at 50% when I arrive home.

The issue is, I'd like to not have it go on if my wife is already home (or at least have the option). The foyer light can disturb people on the second floor. Thus, I need a means to be able to add other phones and have them be part of the equation.

I also found that this scene is less than optimal as, last night (the first night with it on) I found the foyer lights on three times during the evening while I was home. I assume the system lost track of my phone?

Do you have Nest too? I am wondering if Nest Home/away assist would help with this. I have not had a chance to play with it on a Caseta system and two Nest accounts but Nest supports multiple accounts for family members. So if Caseta is using nest assist for home and away maybe unwanted changes won't trigger

Good info, but no Nest here. We use Ecobee for the thermostat.

Lutron, is there business reason that the Caseta bridge cannot reference the HOME/AWAY state of NEST? This would alleviate all the issues with multiple devices/users and Geofencing as NEST is already handling it on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by totesthouse View Post
    Lutron, is there business reason that the Caseta bridge cannot reference the HOME/AWAY state of NEST? This would alleviate all the issues with multiple devices/users and Geofencing as NEST is already handling it on their end.
    The smart bridge pro can use Nest for to control Arriving home/Leaving home. I have used Nest to do this but have not tested it with multiple users to see if it works like you desire. However it looks like the Smart Bridge cannot.
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...e_Pro_Spec.pdf
    http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/Alliances.aspx
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.

I have the PRO bridge and there is no option for NEST under "What decides if you are home?" within the app. Works with Nest documentation states Nest does not provide its Home/Away information to the bridge. The bridge can only set the states to Nest.

Other manufacturers do have the feature of receiving the Home/Away from Nest (wemo being one). https://workswith.nest.com/products

I would like to hear from a Lutron moderator if there is an answer.

Are you signing to the Lutron app with a Nest owner account? I had this issue when I tried to use a nest family account.

No, I am not. This is the first I am hearing about that method. Is there documentation somewhere on this or did you just happen to correlate the two?

I found the issue by mistake while trying to solve another issue relating to Nest. During troubleshooting that issue I also did the following.
    Signed out of the Caseta app on all my devices.
    Deleting the Caseta app.
    Deleting the iCloud backup of the app data.
    Removed the "works with Nest" connection from Nest's website.
    Then did a hard reset on my devices.
    Reinstalled the app and signed into Nest in the Lutron app.
    These steps may help.
    You can also call Lutron support and submit a diagnostics file (when under the same wifi as the smart Bridge). When submitting feedback (diagnostics or support file) try to do so right after the problem happens (in general).

Someone from Lutron will most likely chime in but it sometimes takes a little while. (I hit the forum more often when I have to wait on electrical inspectors.) Calling is the fastest. Second fastest is to "send feedback" from settings > help. Note that if you leave the app before sending the feedback you will loose the email unless you save it as a draft first.
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.

Thanks, just to confirm,

1. are the credentials you are using to login to the Lutron app exactly the same as the credentials you use to login to the NEST app?
    2. Once you got this working, do you have a selection for nest within the Lutron app "What decides if you are home? "option?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast