Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrive Home Useless to Couples/Families

I got it. Just had remove lutron from works with nest (within nest app) then sign back in works with nest via lutron app. I then got a prompt asking if I wanted nest to allow for setting the state of the house. Now nest shows under "What decides if you are home?"

Feature must have been pushed out after I had initially added the nest to my bridge. This is great and should reduce any issues with multiple phones and geofencing.

Quote Originally Posted by totesthouse View Post
    I got it. Just had remove lutron from works with nest (within nest app) then sign back in works with nest via lutron app. I then got a prompt asking if I wanted nest to allow for setting the state of the house. Now nest shows under "What decides if you are home?"

Feature must have been pushed out after I had initially added the nest to my bridge. This is great and should reduce any issues with multiple phones and geofencing.

Will the the nest smoke alarms also function with occupancy detection or is it only thermostats ?

Both the Nest protect and the thermostat work to sense home/away. The camera probably can as well but I am unsure.

Add a VeraPlus to you home system and then you can do anything you want with the Lutron system. I found that dimmers in the hallways was really kind of a dumb idea anyway.

Can you expand on that? I assume the VeraPlus replaces the SmartHome controller? How does it work? Do you then use their app for everything and not the Lutron app? Seems risky. They will have to keep up with countless vendors features and seem likely to fall behind.

For $149 what does it get us that we already don't have from the native apps?

Whith the Amazon Echo, use the Lutron hub directly. Whith the Pico remotes you have choices that you don't have whit just the Lutron hub. Also, you can interlace scenes to work with z-wave devices like motion and light level detectors as well as a lot of plugins that work with other products. Since the VersaPlus talks directly with the Lutron Caseta Pro hub (not the not-pro version), you get quick responses. You have to look at all of the features and plugins for the Vera devices to understand. Basically, I have been able to do anything I want with my garage door opener, door locks, motion sensors, light level sensors fan speed controllers and discrete z-wave light switches and electrical outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by markeby View Post
    Whith the Amazon Echo, use the Lutron hub directly. Whith the Pico remotes you have choices that you don't have whit just the Lutron hub. Also, you can interlace scenes to work with z-wave devices like motion and light level detectors as well as a lot of plugins that work with other products. Since the VersaPlus talks directly with the Lutron Caseta Pro hub (not the not-pro version), you get quick responses. You have to look at all of the features and plugins for the Vera devices to understand. Basically, I have been able to do anything I want with my garage door opener, door locks, motion sensors, light level sensors fan speed controllers and discrete z-wave light switches and electrical outlets.
    It sounds like you would need the Amazon Echo also as part of the integration. I went to their site and they do not natively support the two devices I am currently using, Lutron and Ecobee.

I too am looking for a solution for the more than one phone at the location and turning items off or on.

I don't know anything about Ecobee. I use a Lutron Caseta Pro hub, a VeraPlus, Amazon Echo, and several Amazon Echo Dots (Echo cannot hear in my whole house and in my office, the Dot is tied to the computer speakers for quality music.

The Lutron app is used to pair and configure my dimmers and Pico remotes that are tied to the dimmers. We like the Caseta dimmers better than any other product we have seen. I also have a couple of scenes configured. The VeraPlus is connected to the Lutron for the purpose of using Pico remotes (there is an added feature of the button long press as well) and to slave of of certain light activities. The VeraPlus controls my door locks, garage door, motion sensors, door sensors, water sensor, light switches, electrical outlets and a few odds and ends that are wifi and Z-wave. The Echo is connected to both hubs to control lights, garage door and locks by voice commands. I also use IFTTT. I have nearly 60 devices setup with more to come. My Nest is also tied into my Amazon echo and VeraPlus so that I can change temperature, settings and have multiple temperature and humidity probes around the house.

I have some experimental setups as well. One that seems to work well is a motion sensor near the cat box (2 cats) that fires up an electrical outlet that activate a deodorizer for the laundry room.

I plan on adding more light switches, and HVAC vent control to the VeraPlus to have better temperature control in every room of my house.

Geofencing only works with one device. So will not work if 2 devices are logged into the hub and one person is home. It boggles the mind as to why this wasn't sorted before product launch or they have yet to solve this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12